Must have aftermarket accessories?

I did order a upgrade on the tires from all season to all terrain.
The trucks I saw on the lot did have Michelin all terrains, I hope no Firestones show up on mine (see below).

But I do understand where your coming from.
This is OE Firestone on gravel road in the middle of no where, Wyoming.

View attachment 13454

Are you the original owner of that tire? If not that tire looks like a retread. See how the tread has pulled away from the tire carcass,that is what you see on "semi" truck tires.Anyway that would be a bummer,out in the middle of nowhere. Tires are very important.The Michelin should be a lot better.

Frank

Are you the original owner of that tire? If not that tire looks like a retread. See how the tread has pulled away from the tire carcass,that is what you see on "semi" truck tires.Anyway that would be a bummer,out in the middle of nowhere. Tires are very important.The Michelin should be a lot better.

Frank

Yep, original owner of the truck and those were OE tires, 27,000 miles.
Oh and the spare had eight pounds of air in it. My bad!
Long aggravating story. :(

Yep, original owner of the truck and those were OE tires, 27,000 miles.
Oh and the spare had eight pounds of air in it. My bad!
Long aggravating story. :(

WOW! That's sure a good reason not to but Firestone tires.Are they some of those 'Killer" Firestone tires from years ago?

Frank

WOW! That's sure a good reason not to but Firestone tires.Are they some of those 'Killer" Firestone tires from years ago?

Frank

Well they about killed me that day, but no that particular tire was never recalled.
BUT it was the same model, Wilderness AT I think, that did some serious damage with the Ford Explorers.

Frank

I have had excellent results with my Firestone Destination AT's. They are the top rated tires in their category on Tire Rack's website. I got well over 40,000 on my 7.3 F250 with the grandby always on and loaded and often towing a trailer as well. Just bought another set.

WTW has been a great resource for me. Had a 2004 Titan CC and researched 29'ways to Sunday if I could put a FWC in it safely. Decided I couldn't. Went back and forth about 3/4 ton or 1 ton. Decided on a Chevy 3500. Line-X liner went in today. The new Grandby should be ready near the end of December. Thanks for all the discussion.

Gormley Green said:
Line-x is unreal. It will not notice the camper so no worries...
Was wondering if any here have had experience utilizing any of the bed-liner type materials as running-board protection? I am pondering having something applied on our van.

THX in advance for any reply.
Thom

Back
Top Bottom