Must Have Option

Okay, I'll be serious too...

After the beer or whiskey, I would say that the day to day feature that I love the most is for sure the lifter springs. After I installed them, I couldn't think of lifting that thing by hand anymore.

Another thing is a roof rack. We are putting all the big bulky items (like sleeping bags) up in a rocket box on a rack. This saves a lot of room inside during travel.

Okay, I'll be serious too...

After the beer or whiskey, I would say that the day to day feature that I love the most is for sure the lifter springs. After I installed them, I couldn't think of lifting that thing by hand anymore.

Another thing is a roof rack. We are putting all the big bulky items (like sleeping bags) up in a rocket box on a rack. This saves a lot of room inside during travel.

If your sleeping bags aren't thick heavy ones,just leave them on the bed. Thats what we do and it saves space and don't have to drag stuff out to make the bed. I make sure the bag is pulled away from the front lifter and in from the sides a little. Works for me.
Frank

One of the things I didn't special order bur really like in my Phoenix Camper is the 3 way fridge's auto selector mode. When driving it automatically goes to DC power, when parked with propane tank turned on it switches to propane power and when the camper is plugged in to shore power or generator, it goes to AC. NO more absent minded drained battery.

Well, met with Sean, what a great guy. Laid back, easy going, I need to party.. Ahh I mean camp with that rock star. It was a good visit and momma approves, thanks FWC for making a camper my wife likes. The shell is out and the full camper is in. Now if I can just convince her to order before July 16.

Thanks for all the replies. I think I spec one all with almost all options. Gotta trim some fat to get price to 20. Will I be sorry if I cut out side awning and lifting struts. I gotta drop price a grand, but not sure what to cut out

Set it up to add the side awning later. No idea about the lifting struts as mine's a Phoenix with transverse assist springs.

One of the things we valued the most in our last camper van was a lock box. And I'm just about to start welding a much bigger one with 2 padlocks no less in our soon to be completed pop up. It is very reassuring to be able to leave cameras and sometimes a wallet in a camper knowing that they will be reasonably safe while we are away hiking. Or just wandering the wilderness. Yeah, I know - what's the point of hiking without a camera, but it does happen.

A better question now, might be what to leave off. Rear floods. Thats all I got. I love the rest of my camper. Hot water heater. Thats a tough one. Didn't get used much at first but I find myself using it more and more. Showers without waiting or worrying if mother nature will help out is really nice. Fridge? Easy one to upgrade later. Awning, easy to add later.

I'm glad I got my rear floods. Was great for setting up my BBQ @ night. Lights up the whole area

I'm glad I got my rear floods. Was great for setting up my BBQ @ night. Lights up the whole area

I agree on the rear floods. I have an RC remote switch in the cab so they make great backup lights.

Oh I don't hate the floods but if you're looking for things to leave off theres not much they do that you can't as well with a lantern. Of course I have backup lights already that do a better job than the floods ever could.

Off topic,

I replaced the incandescent bulb on the porch with an LED bulb. I also purchased a replacement fixture with a clear plastic cover and can now switch between the orange cover or clear cover. But, if one needs a little more light in back (no where near what you get from the floods), you should be able to remove the orange cover and get a little more light and put the cover back on when done. Of course, there is always the chance of breaking something but I have done this a few times.

I thought I would rather have a clear cover on the porch light but the bugs seem to recommend the orange cover more often than I thought they would.

Steve

I vote to cut the flood lights and awning. I don't have flood lights but the rear light and a headlamp works wonders. The awning is nice but it can be added on at a later date.

:LOL:
Don't have rear floods, but love my awning-I use it all the time; in the desert it gives some shade and along the coast I've spent many a day under it when it was raining or sprinkling. Anything other than spending the day in the camper. By the way you don't have to put it out all the way, sometimes I put it out just enough to provide just enough protection to shade or rain protect me (especially if there are high winds), my table and my drink---and the dog! As to the cost, rather do everything at once and not add things later-cause I'm lazy, although I have added my solar panels since I bought the fwc! Would never leave off my screen door, I'm one of those who leave the door open with the screen shut most of the time, don't like the closed in feeling with the door shut and besides most of my dogs like to lay on the floor/couch and look out-like any good dog guard should. Someone else above also noted the surprise of having hot water at ones touch has really become essential! That little fan sure was worth the $ too and wish I have got a full cab over bed!

Smoke

If you want to save some money but want to hedge your bets, FWC will install the mounting plate for the yawning for about $85. If you decide to add the awning later, it will slide it right in.

Good idea White Dog. That's the route I think I will go.

I'm gonna have to agree with everyone else on the two must-haves. Heater and Fantastic-Fan. I just installed my fan yesterday, and it makes a HUGE difference. My GF and I are living out of the camper currently and the timing on the fan installation couldn't be more perfect as it's just starting to heat up here in Flagstaff.

With regards to what I'd leave off, my Eagle doesn't have any water systems (previous owner removed it) or a stove, and it works perfectly well for me. Most of my cooking happens outside anyway, so a regular coleman stove and a second propane line routed outside work well. A five gallon scepter water jug and a 2.5 gallon reliance jug with a rubbermaid dish tub are about all I need for water.

Hope that helps!

Well, momma gave me the go ahead to order, I'm just a little nervous to spend so much money. While I ponder, can anyone tell me which fabric color would go best with the new counter tops. The picture Stan posted looked good with the tan.

Thanks for all the posts everyone, even the funny ones, I laughed pretty hard at a few. It's nice to see such a nice, informative group willing to share their experience and knowledge. I super excited, but extremely nervous.

Back
Top Bottom