My 8' Alaskan NCO

chief5

I am watching with interest, cologuyw/oldakcamper's rehab of the 65' alsakan. I purchased this one after stumbling across it less than 20 miles from me in the Kansas City Mo area. Although not for sale at the time, I convinced the guy to sell it to me. I just recently began refurbishing the top section and will most likely just build a whole new top. Here are pics of the day I got it.

Lorn.

Attachments

• Alaskan3.jpg
    Alaskan3.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 242
  • alaskan4.jpg
    alaskan4.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 233
  • Alaskan5.jpg
    Alaskan5.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 237
  • alaskan6.jpg
    alaskan6.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 212
  • alaskan8.jpg
    alaskan8.jpg
    11.9 KB · Views: 223
Hi Lorn,the Alaskan does not look that bad outside,what is it like inside any rot or water damage.
Welcome to the forum,
Kevin.

Hi Lorn,the Alaskan does not look that bad outside,what is it like inside any rot or water damage.
Welcome to the forum,
Kevin.

Kevin,

The drivers front corner was soft with staining on the interior paneling. Peeling back the paneling revealing a totally rotted corner. Also rot under each side window. I thought about "scabbing" in new fromework where needed, however it looks like the framework can be built for about $150 or less. I am going to try to reuse the metal skin. The only disappointing thing is that the majority of the Birch interior ply is undamaged and beautifil.

I will post pics as I make progress.

Where are you located in Ontario? I was up there bear hunting 40 km north of Armstrong in 2004 and 2006.

Lorn

Hi Lorn, It is a pity about the damage but it sounds like its fixable.Thats all part of the fun. Here's a link to another project. I live in south central Ontario near Guelph. Keep the progress coming.

http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26842

Cheers,
Kevin.

Back
Top Bottom