My Grandby build begins

maheil

Advanced Member
Started by replacing the rear door (thanks All Terrain Campers) and added isolater to charge from the truck alternator while driving. Now
[SIZE=10pt]Had an opportunity to get my new to me camper painted and replace some rusty hardware including the pop-up latches. Found a small Hot Rod shop in Hanford, Ca. that painted the base white to match the Ford truck color and re-did the stripes. Trying to decide on new decals or not. Interior and solar are next.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10pt] Right_B4_Small.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]​Before[/SIZE]

After
[SIZE=10pt]Rt_Rear_Small.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]RT_After_Small.jpg[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10pt]Rear_After_Small.jpg [/SIZE]

maheil said:
Started by replacing the rear door (thanks All Terrain Campers) and added isolater to charge from the truck alternator while driving. Now
[SIZE=10pt]Had an opportunity to get my new to me camper painted and replace some rusty hardware including the pop-up latches. Found a small Hot Rod shop in Hanford, Ca. that painted the base white to match the Ford truck color and re-did the stripes. Trying to decide on new decals or not. Interior and solar are next.[/SIZE]
What did you end up paying for the paint job? Looks great!

It was in the $ 1,500 range. Part of it was the 3 step Ford paint and he did alot of masking. He didn't scrimp and removed all necessary hardware and even fabricated a couple of bent up metal strips on the front of the camper. I thought the price was good for the amount of work done and am very happy with the results.

Maheil,

Another congratulations, and good luck wishes on your build, looks like new! Anytime someone has "build" in their post, you've got my attention. Looking forward to see where you go with your build. Take the time to take plenty of photos, we all learn from each other.

Poky

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Back
Top Bottom