My new Eagle on 2008 tocoma

Mick

Just put a 2006 Eagle 4wc on my 2008 tacoma--the camper will need to stay on the truck 24-7 (no place to store the camper and lots of travel plans). I put super springs on the rear but don't like the ride--went 4 wheeling in big sur and worried about breaking something. I have been told to add adjustable shocks and I will be happy--anyone have any ideas?

Mick

Just put a 2006 Eagle 4wc on my 2008 tacoma--the camper will need to stay on the truck 24-7 (no place to store the camper and lots of travel plans). I put super springs on the rear but don't like the ride--went 4 wheeling in big sur and worried about breaking something. I have been told to add adjustable shocks and I will be happy--anyone have any ideas?

Mick

Have you taken the jacks off? I found my eagle swayed a good deal until I removed the jacks. I am running a 1999 Tacoma with just super springs and quite happy with it. I may get timbrens but likely will get a new truck first.

I have Deaver 10 packs springs on my 2010 Tacoma L/B DC. I also have Firestone air bags with Bilstein 5150 shocks.
I put Dakar springs on my sons 2002 Tacoma and they are waaay to soft.
I run 40 lbs in my air bags and love the ride. Separate air lines only. Helps reduce sway.
I also use air bags to level camper when setting up.

Jeff

I have Deaver 10 packs springs on my 2010 Tacoma L/B DC. I also have Firestone air bags with Bilstein 5150 shocks.
I run 40 lbs in my air bags and love the ride. Separate air lines only. Helps reduce sway.

Jeff

Oh, and I almost forgot, welcome to WTW.
Great bunch of people that can answer almost any question.
Have fun and enjoy.
Jeff

Jeff

Timbrens. You may even be able to keep the supersprings too.

happy trails

mtn

Thanks for the reply--I want to keep the supersprings and the Timbrens seem real simple to install and not much to go wrong--my local 4 wheel guy wants me to put on air shocks for about the same price as the timbrens--what do you think? do you like the Timbrens on the front as well?
Mick

I have a 2001 Tacoma, V6, ExtraCab, ARB front bumper, Custom rear bumper and rack. I have been through a couple iterations now and am finally happy. I run the EMU's in the front with the Bilstein 5100's. rears are custom 10 pack Deavers, Ride Rite Airbags (the weak link), and Bilstein 5100's. I just had the Deavers installed a little over a week ago. We decided to leave the air bags on for leveling. I am currently running 20 pounds in the left bag and 10 in the right. I just got back from the WTW Pig Roast and had the opportunity to do some 4 wheeling (Coyote Valley outside of Bishop) before meeting up with everyone. With the new Deaver Leaf springs the air bags can fail and the rig is still easily driveable......just not perfectly level. This is exaclty how I asked Jeff at Deaver to set it up for me. I would not recommend the Dakars or even the standard Deavers....you need to have someone make the spring for the exact weight you are carrying.

My 0.02,

Cort

I would not recommend the Dakars or even the standard Deavers....you need to have someone make the spring for the exact weight you are carrying.

The Dakars for a Gen2 Tacoma are a totally different animal from the Dakars for the Gen1.

Because the OP has a Gen2, I would recommend the Dakars.

Back
Top Bottom