NATO fuel cans

Thanks for the tip on the cans, Carmugeon. Mine arrived today. The outside had a few scuffs on the paint, and the inside still smells like fresh paint. At 1/3 the price of new ones (including shipping), I'm happy as a clam. I ordered the Smitty Built bracket and extra lid gaskets off Amazon so now I get to figure out a good way to mount it to the rear of my FWC jack bracket.

Sorry to hear they're all gone, but I'm pleased some of our members here were able to score some nice cans. Opportunities like this don't happen often. A couple of people mentioned gaskets, and since these cans are about 70 years old, it's probably not a bad idea to put new seals on them. But save the old seals for emergency spares.

Four cans shipped to my home in Sothern PRK no problem. Too bad no more, must have gotten the last ones. They were as advertised. Thanks for the tip.

I gave mine a new paint job to match the camper, and modified a Smitty Bilt carrier that bolts to the jack bracket. I couldn't be happier with this setup. 20210627_154119.jpg

Major surplus and survival has them in stock. Ordered four more 24.95 each plus shipping.

DarinH said:
I gave mine a new paint job to match the camper, and modified a Smitty Bilt carrier that bolts to the jack bracket. I couldn't be happier with this setup.
attachicon.gif
20210627_154119.jpg
This looks awesome!
Do you have any other info on how you adapted this to work? I was considering the AT overland holder but the combo is pretty cost prohibitive.

bimmeryota said:
This looks awesome!
Do you have any other info on how you adapted this to work? I was considering the AT overland holder but the combo is pretty cost prohibitive.
send me your email address and I'll email photos to you.

I tried to post 4 other photos with my original post but it allowed 1 to attach.

Back
Top Bottom