Nebraska Sand Hills and the eclipse

takesiteasy

We took a trip to Nebraska to view the eclipse. Here is our report:

http://travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com/2017/08/solar-eclipse-2017.html

IMG_4794.jpg

Great to see a report from the Nebraska Sandhills! We spent 2 nights at the NF campground at Bessey in 2015 and "tanked" the Middle Loup at Mullen on the day in between. Great place to visit.

Do you recall the name of the campground you overnighted at on the way down to Halsey/Bessey? Looks nice, too.

We imagined the crowds would have been large and rowdy up at Carhenge, near Alliance. You sure found a nice secluded spot.

Foy

Fun trip. Thanks for sharing. You get the prize for the first post. I'm surprised there haven't been more since there were other members on the eclipse trail

What a great time and experience for you! Thanks so much for the information on the sand hills and National Forest. Well done, thank you! :)

Thanks for the comments, everyone. Foy- PM sent. We read about tanking- sounds fun. For those who don't know (I didn't, until this trip), it involves floating down a river in a stock tank, with requisite coolers, chairs and other paraphernalia, I'm sure.

I'm sure we saw you on the road somewhere as we were around there too.... we saw 5-6 FWC's while out and about.

kmcintyre said:
I'm sure we saw you on the road somewhere as we were around there too.... we saw 5-6 FWC's while out and about.
Possible. We didn't see any on the road, but saw one in the campground. We might have missed seeing you while we looked at the scenery. :)

CougarCouple said:
Nice trip report takeiteasy

Glad you were able to escape the cloud cover, for viewing.

Russ
Thanks for the comment. Yes, we were very pleased when the sun came out.

I had never heard of the Sand Hills before. Thanks for putting it on my radar. The Natick CG looks like a sweet spot. Thanks for sharing your trip !

Ronin said:
I had never heard of the Sand Hills before. Thanks for putting it on my radar. The Natick CG looks like a sweet spot. Thanks for sharing your trip !
You're welcome. Thanks for commenting!

Happyjax said:
Nice trip report, wonderful scenery :)
We enjoy putting the reports together and appreciate comments- Thanks for yours!

Crossed through the Sand Hills this summer on our way home from AK/YK... a wide open place ... calm and beautiful. Enjoyed it a great deal too. What a wonderful place to see the eclipse!

Thanks Buckland. I am still returning to your writeup of your summer. Such a great trip! Thanks for your comment.

Back
Top Bottom