Need help pricing a Keystone

Wanderlust

All,

Last year I picked up a clean Keystone from the mid-80s. With some life changes, we've decided to go with a hard side truck camper so the Keystone will go to a new home. Watching prices the past couple years, I'm really not sure what to ask for it and would appreciate any wisdom or insight.

A few details...

Floor pack has been narrowed to fit newer truck; it came home in our 2018 Ram long bed with no issues. Looks like a thorough job, and not much use since it was done - quality paint, solid construction.
New canvas, looks well done
Interior is clean, upholstery is intact, no funk or smells.
New composite lift panels
Has two cable jacks, work well.
No visible / evident mold or water damage.

Definitely not pristine, but cleaner than some I've seen.

We're in Northern CA, about 1.5 hours from Reno and 3-4 hours from Sacramento so should have access to a decent market.

Thoughts?

Thanks!

I think the keystones are nice but I don't think they are the most sough after? Need at least a 3/4 ton truck with 8 foot bed so not as many buyers out there..

However, sellers market... I always say start high and see what the interest level is at that price and adjust accordingly..

Good luck

Thanks - appreciate your thoughts and advice; good point on it not being as popular as a Hawk for example since it really needs the long bed. I saw someone has a similar one here in CA; might start just a bit under that one and see.

Wanderlust said:
Thanks - appreciate your thoughts and advice; good point on it not being as popular as a Hawk for example since it really needs the long bed. I saw someone has a similar one here in CA; might start just a bit under that one and see.
You will know pretty quick if its priced right...

m.r.h. said:
You sure don't see many Keystones out there. Its always nice if you can find something similar to what you are selling to get a price range. There is a pretty nice looking one in the Denver area on craigslist for $1800 right now. It looks a little rough but really good for what seems to be all original. That is also a steal of a deal if you ask me.

https://denver.craigslist.org/rvs/d/broomfield-80s-fwc-granby-popup-camper/7466632614.html
That one is more of a challenge as its original and therefore won't fit modern trucks...

Yeah I meant to mention that part of it. There was another keystone on here that was completely gutted for sale at $4,000. It was sold but unsure how much for. I would price yours at what you paid for it plus any upgrades / work you have put into it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom