Need Help to determine Used Values?

Dan

I am looking at two used Hawks. One is a 2001, loaded with options and in very good to excellant condition. The 2nd is a 1999, few options and in fair condition. The 2001 is $6,500. Is this a fair price? I looked at the RV NADA guide which shows a retail value of $2,915. This is a huge difference. Any ideas as to what a fair price would be? The 1999 Hawk is listed at $4,500.

Watch the year some time in 2001 or 2002 the rear size change on the Hawk. Earlier Hawks will not fit some of the new trucks, to wide. If you are keeping the Hawk for a long time you may want to watch for one that will fit a new truck in the future.

Bill

We got a 2002 with most of the optionswe wanted and in excellent condition for that price. (A Hawk). You have to determine how much work are you willing to do to it and how much do you want tospend?!?!

Living in Florida, finding this was like hitting the jackpot. In the end I will have put about $2,000 into it to get all the mods I want , but it is still $10,000 or more cheaper than a new one!!

Good Luck on your decision!

Forget any nada values for FWC campers, their prices are all wrong.

Quoted for the truth!

Both of those units sound like they are priced right for their production year, but the 2001 sounds like a better deal due to the options & condition. The only time NADA will be of any help is if you're buying from someone who lists their camper based on NADA value - then you're getting a steal!

NADA doesn't factor in how well these hold their value and the supply/demand situation. People fall over themselves and drive hundreds of miles to get their desired camper. I'd say those prices are pretty normal.

What is a fair price for a clean 90-93 Grandby W/ furnace,3 way fridge and aluminum racks, mechanical jacks.. I'm shopping!.....

Back
Top Bottom