Nevada's Berlin Ichthyosaur State Park

Thanks :D !!! You guys just reinforced a trip for later this year I was planning! Remember when were talking a while back about the Monitor Range and GBG's book and Longstreet -well my finger kept wondering up to the NW on my Nevada map and landing on the SP at Berlin and then saying to myself "I have not been there for years-hmmm, maybe I should add it to Desatoya/Monitor Range loop in the late spring-you know check out the areas/sites in the books and see how things have changed since I was there last! I even pulled the SP web site to check conditions, hours and the such! So thanks, looking forward to the rest of your TR :) -but don't spoil everything :p for old "Bob".

Smoke!

We have seen the turnoff to Berlin from a variety of locations and it's always 'way over there'.
Thanks for the TR and more Plan B subtle hints. :unsure:
I think you know how much I love sleuthing out another spot to visit!

--edit--
Google is a wonderful thing! :)

craig333 said:
Sounds like this is the time of year to go. It was packed when I was there.
The busy time for this State Park is from Memorial Day to Labor Day. Beginning around the middle of April they bring on a seasonal employee or two to help with the tours.

I like that sherpa idea! And I want to have that hot spring experience some day. Thanks for the report.

On the "itinerary" for April trip to Death Valley. Enjoyable TR as usual and as others said, it reinforced our intentions to visit.

I remember the first time that I saw the big building there in Berlin. We came in from the south on a pretty beat-up two-track in the late afternoon. One of those golden light afternoons with threats of a squall here and there. At first I wasn't sure what it was. As we got closer I could see it was a building, but at that distance it looked like someone's mansion. That would be a spectacular place to have such a mansion. In the middle of seemingly nowhere with those grand views.
The campground is a real treat. Your TR reinforces my desire to get the Bride into the area. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom