Never used 8qt partner aluminum dutch oven

Smokecreek1 said:
Dang it DD, you had to put that on there-ribs I just bought are to big for my old iron frying pan-so I had to bid on it!

Smoke
Thanks! I wish I'd thought of just selling it on here first.....

DD

For lot's of reasons I have not had a chance to use your dutch oven that I got on Ebay yet :unsure: ; but I knew I needed to try it out before I headed to the desert for field proofing. Well, today as I did some spring gardning, I decided to put a pot roast in it and give it a test :giggle: ! Browned it up in some garlic and oil, added some carrots, onions and potatoes, wine and lots of seasonings and it smells great. I wasn't sure if or how to season it ( the oven) before hand-not my usual lodge iron frying pan, so played it by ear. In a couple of hours it should be done, and if I can I'll post -maybe a picture or two -it's not a field shot so I don't know it that counts. Home field test started, and again sure smells good :p !

Smoke

Hmmmm :p , just added some tomato sauce and butter for added flavor, not sure if that makes it an "Italian " pot roast now and not a "yankee" pot roast, Ski. A little zest to that mid western taste, my Italian part mixing with the English/Irish/German mix - only an hour to go! Will try to take pictures but "Bob' looks hungry now :D !

Smoke

Photos! As usual could not down load pics here, so its on the gallery thread, sorry, I still have not figured out how to do it on the new site :unsure: !

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
Photos! As usual could not down load pics here, so its on the gallery thread, sorry, I still have not figured out how to do it on the new site :unsure: !

Smoke
Looks good to me. Just copy the URL from the gallery and post the link here.

med_gallery_654_265_89356.jpg

med_gallery_654_265_606948.jpg

med_gallery_654_265_659019.jpg

This oven cooks on the hot side , 2 1/2 hours in the oven made it well done at 350 , but still tasted fine but when I use it over a field fire, I guess I'll just have to adjust how long to leave it in the ashes , but running hot out in the desert is better than not cooking and eating it raw :D ! Yep, better to hot than to cold when you use it! Next week we field test :p ! Now if I can get my new lap top to work so I can send a field picture :giggle: of it in use ! Hmmmm can't wait :D !

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
<snip>
Next week we field test :p ! Now if I can get my new lap top to work so I can send a field picture :giggle: of it in use ! Hmmmm can't wait :D !

Smoke
Mr. Smoke, I sense the time has come for you to head out?

:)

Got that right Ski, got out for the week end a couple of weeks ago, but need to make that long run next week-maybe follow your run to Austin, or maybe just up to the Warners-but gone! Had to many other things to do, no more :D !

Smoke

Smokecreek1 said:
...Next week we field test :p ! Now if I can get my new lap top to work so I can send a field picture :giggle: of it in use ! Hmmmm can't wait :D !

Smoke
Looking forward to hearing about culinary and tech success!

Back
Top Bottom