New: a Map showing Locations as referenced in my Travel Blog

Bosque Bill

I’ve been told by several people how helpful my blog has been to help them plan their own adventures. Most of those found specific entries via web search, I believe. However, there has not been a convenient way for folks who know about my blog to find which entries might be of interest for their future travels based upon geography or proximity. In an effort to assist in those situations I have created a custom Google Map showing both scenic and camping areas which link to the relevant blog post. I hope you will find the map useful and/or interesting.

I have added a new page on Bosque Bill's Backroads travel & camping blog to display this map:

http://bosquebill.blogspot.com/p/map-of-locations.html

If you click on the square angle-bracket icon at the inset map’s top right corner, a larger version will open in a new tab/window. There does not appear to be a way to alphabetize the markers in the sidebar listing, but if you already know a name of interest, you may scan the keywords in the right-hand column in any post.

Bill, amazing idea. I'm about to purchase the In-Reach and wonder whether I can do more than show the marker. Not sure it allows the degree that you have with the Google map. Need to find time to click and read yours. Jd

Sent from my SM-G900V using Wander The West mobile app

Thanks everyone for your nice comments.

FYI, I've added a new style marker to the map for photo galleries I have on Google Photos. These photos are either not included in my blog posts or are an expanded set of photos, in some cases.

longhorn1 said:
Bill, amazing idea. I'm about to purchase the In-Reach and wonder whether I can do more than show the marker. Not sure it allows the degree that you have with the Google map. Need to find time to click and read yours. Jd
When you send a message using the inReach it records the coordinates, obviously. Those who receive the message can click a link to see that message's location on a map on the inReach website. I discovered all messages are stored and are searchable by date on the website. This allowed me to find where I camped a couple of years ago. No customization as on the Google Map, but a very nice resource, nonetheless.

What a great idea! Thanks for you blog and your new addition. It seems that our travels just miss each other, it would be great to cross paths and meet.
Cheers,
Tim & Molly

Back
Top Bottom