New A/T Tires?

ACom

Advanced Member
I'm looking at getting some new A/T tires for my F150 SC 4x4 and have narrowed it down to either the Yokohama Geolander A/T-S or the Toyo Open County A/T. Looking for good off road and mud clearing capabilities without going to a full M/T tire.

Anyone have any experiance with either?

I don't have personal experience with either tire, but for what it is worth, I have heard good things about the Toyos on TDR.

Don't know anything about the Yokohamas but have run and am running the Toyo Open Country A/T's on our 2 Toyotas. We've had good luck with them get pretty good mileage out of them for around here. We run on alot of gravel, bullrock, greasy clay native surface, and as usual, snow! We use them for our summer tires...they are ok in lite snow/mud but when it gets deep or extra greasy the tread doesnt clean too well. Hope that helps.

Less than happy with the Geolanders' life span.
I ground through a set on my Nissan in 18K (about 1K of that off road).
Wish I would have stepped up to the BFG ta/kos.

They were not on the list but I pulled the trigger on a set of BFG A/T KO's this afternoon and they will get installed tomorrow along with some PacBrake Airbags. Truck will be ready to pick up my new Grandby on the weekend:D

Thanks for the input and I'll be posting some pics early next week.

I've been running BFG AT for a very long time before they started calling them K/O with the added rim protector. Been pleased with every set. Congrats on the Grandby.

I'm running the Toyo Open Country AT's on my F350 in 285/75/18 and couldn't be happier. Prior to the Toyos I was a die hard BFG AT guy, however I am liking the Toyos alot more. Quieter, longer lasting and better traction in mud.

Marc

Like Pat I've been running BFG A/T's forever on several trucks and have always had good luck with them. I get very good longevity and they hold up well in tough terrain. They are a bit noisy but they're not passenger car tires. My guess is they're all noisy. They are are bargain compared to others.

Drove 700 km's through snow and rain this past weekend to pick up my 2000 Grandby and I was really impressed with the tires. I would have been driving slower and most likely in 4wd with my old Rugged Trails.

Pics of the new rig coming soon.........(it seems like people like there pics around here)

Back
Top Bottom