New ATC from Jay Aronow Campers

fiddlin Phil

I bought my Bobcat Shell from Jay Aronow. Jay was nice enough to convert a camper he had ordered for his inventory so I could get my camper before last Christmas. Jay also talked to the Deaver Suspension guys in Santa Anna, CA to get me set up with the correct rear suspension. I had a great time driving up to Sacramento, from So. Cal., up the ca395 to visit friends and then driving to the factory to get the camper. It was nice to meet the Americans that built it. Thanks Jay, you made it easy for me.

Bobcat Shell Factory Mods: Power Roof Vent, small Rear Wall Window, 2 extra Awning Light, 12 Volt Accessory Plug, Large window on Driver’s Side.

Personal Mods: Olympian wave 3 heater, nitrogen tank (to air up tires), Storage shelve just under pull out bed, switched out lights for LED bulbs, lock bolts to the tie-downs and the new suspension.

First camp-out: was at Carrizo Plain National Monument
Second Camp-out was Death Valley National Park (Saline Valley)

Attachments

• Carrizo Plain.JPG
    Carrizo Plain.JPG
    78.4 KB · Views: 183
  • S1300014.JPG
    S1300014.JPG
    80.8 KB · Views: 197
  • S1300016.JPG
    S1300016.JPG
    73.6 KB · Views: 169
  • S1300020.JPG
    S1300020.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 145
Nice looking rig there. I like the flag pole. Good choice on the Deaver Leaf Pack.....its the only way to go if you are going to run a camper on Tacoma.

Happy Trails,

Cort

Nice to see you here Phil. Congrats on ther camper, its one of the best purchases you will ever make.

Hi Phil. Good to see you on the forum. Good looking rig you have there. But I have to say I'm partial to the one in the background of your second photo. ;) Happy camping.

Ted

Great to see you out there with your own rig, Phil. We loved looking 'next door' and seeing the flag flying. Nice clean setup which will serve you well.

Welcome Phil - As others have said, you will be very pleased with your camper choice, and the service that goes along with it. Is your truck a 4 cyl., manual trans, 4x4? If so, I would be interested to know what your gas milage has been so far. One member here ("Arkoptrix")has averaged 20.8 mpg on extended trips with his 4 cyl. manual trans set up. Again, welcome! - Richard

Welcome Phil - As others have said, you will be very pleased with your camper choice, and the service that goes along with it. Is your truck a 4 cyl., manual trans, 4x4? If so, I would be interested to know what your gas milage has been so far. One member here ("Arkoptrix")has averaged 20.8 mpg on extended trips with his 4 cyl. manual trans set up. Again, welcome! - Richard

Yup...
4 cyl, manual tran, 4x4. I carry so much gear i was only getting 18 mpg with my old cab high shell. I got 22 mpg driving up to Sac. to pick up the ATC. I haven't taken any long trips with the new shell.
I'll keep you up-dated.
Phil

Back
Top Bottom