New Commuter

Gormley Green

Contributors
Started getting a little tired of driving around our small town in a truck. The red lights and stop signs are killer on fuel mileage. Found locally a very cheap 91 Festiva in good mechanical shape, anything needs to be done to it I can do myself. Im talking 2 tanks of gas in the F150 cheap! It's got 277,000km on it and it's the new grocery getter and gets our bikes to the trail heads. :LOL: Hey, it works and it gets better mileage than a snobby Prius.

smugshot3354378-L.jpg

Nice!! Simple.

We recently made the decision to purchase a little commuter. Driving two SUV's was draining lots of excess cash. We picked up a 2003 Honda Civic with a MT and 4 cylinder motor. It pulls 3 times what the cruiser does, and nearly double the 4runner mileage. I completely geek out on the 41 mpg. It is an uninspiring car, but cheap to operate.

I completely geek out on the 41 mpg.

Thanks.

And so do I! Love my truck and would never get rid of it but this fuel miser thing is fun. Just got some new winter rubber installed for $180 mounted and balanced. I feel pretty good about that too! Also stoked to have another Ford in the stable.

Back
Top Bottom