New Eagle Owner

davidshourd

Advanced Member
I am picking up a new to me (08') Eagle tomorrow morning. Very excited to find one slightly use in my neck of the woods, Eugene Oregon. I am putting it on an 07' Nissan frontier King Cab Offroad lifted a couple inches. My girlfriend and I are taking it into the mountains tomorrow. I wil get some pictures and get them posted here.
couple quick questions:
-best way to clean the H20 tank out to ensure it is clean?
-the camper already has one Aux. battery, I will be hooking up a second and want them to charge while drivng, best way to do that? I plan on using the camper every couple of weeks for a weekend, when not in use it will be removed from the truck.
-where do people store shovels, axe, saw, lift, etc? rack? I was thinking a Thule box on the roof. no roof rack on the thing now, how hard to install one?

thanks for the input. can not wait to get this thing out.

Super chlorinate the H20 tank...Using regular bleach. Probably can not get into the tank to scrub so the super chlorination I think is the thing to do.
You should be able to find potable water holding tank cleaning instructions on the web. We cleaned ovez a hundred household tanks each yr with super chlorination. You probably can get instructions from your environment department web site.
robbie

I will look that up and try it this weekend. may just let it do its thing over the weekend while we use the camper for the weekend. just have to bring another source of water.

One thing to keep in mind on adding a battery is when running batteries in parallel they should be as close to identical as possible (brand, size, age). I still haven't settled on how I want to charge mine off the rig so nothing is hooked up there yet, I have a good amount of amp hours so it covers me for weekend trips and I just charge it with a 120vac smart charger when I get home for now.

Adding Batteries

David,
You may wish to try out your camper over a few trips before adding more battery power; i.e. do you really 'need' more power? I find that one battery works pretty well but then we are conservative on the use of power. We have these really cool small LED standalone lamps (purchased at any Wallmart type store) that we use for general lighting so the only thing the battery does is provide power for furnace, and occasional bright lighter lighting when cooking. My motto: simpler is better.

Enjoy your new rig!
Chris

Alright, took it out for The weekend intot he woods, both nights in the snow/rain. So the temps were low. The heater pushed right along, kept us nice and toasty. I actually tried to use as many of th accessories off of the battery as I could so I could get a comfort level. ran strong all weekend, indicator only got down to "fair".

I ended up drilling holes through the bed/frame and putting anchor points in each corner. seems to be plenty stout.

I will be installing the second battery this week along with a 12V pump for the sink and an adaptor to plug the isolator into the tow lights jack in the back of the truck to charge the batteries while running. thinking a small converter to go from 12V DC to 120V AC as well.

Now I am use to back packing and camping on the ground, but the bed in these thngs is a little hard. what have some of you done to soften it up a little?

Attachments

• IMG_02331.jpg
    IMG_02331.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 461
Now I am use to back packing and camping on the ground, but the bed in these thngs is a little hard. what have some of you done to soften it up a little?

This is really too easy......

Salty?

Awning

Couldn't help noticing your awing to sit outside. I have spent some time work'n this issue with something simple. Hopefully, I can upload a picuture. Something I made from standard materials from HomeDepot. Inludes a bug net that can easly be removed.

I tried to put this on the site as a seperate article and had repeated problems with uploading simple pictures. This design held about 3 inches of snow when I was in Alaska.

Chris

Attachments

• tarp with net.jpg
    tarp with net.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 373
nice. I like it! I think I am taking the camper up into the snow this weekend with the snow mobiles. I may be using something similar if the snow turns to rain. likely event this time of year.

What is the method for finding framing to attach steps up the back wall on the out side of the camper? I dont want to risk missing.

First Production Eagle with Dinette

A few weeks ago we picked up our new Eagle at the FWC factory. It is my understanding that it is the first Eagle to come from the factory with a dinette. So I thought I'd share some pictures.

In addition to the dinette we added a few special options: a longer main bed, an all electric refrigerator, a special charge controller for the solar panel, and a larger Porta Potti (345).

Dinette with table in place:

PICT0148-med.JPG

PICT0149-med.JPG

Folding seat of dinette:

PICT0152-med.JPG

"Stationary" Dinette seat (seat back is a removable wedged shaped cushion):

PICT0154-med.JPG

Dinette in the down sleeping position:

PICT0162-med.JPG

"King" sized bed (sink is still fully usable):

PICT0150-med.JPG

Waeco all electric (12VDC/110VAC) Refrigerator: