New Floor!

erod

hey all, thought i would post a quick pic of the new floor i put in the ranger II. toungue and groove, picked it up at Cosco for like $1.50 a sq. ft. my old floor was in bad shape and i think this is a big improvement...also had some carpet left over from my last camper set up and i think i'll keep it in there for mud and moisture...anyway, little extra weight but you only live once right...cheers!

Attachments

• IMGP1262.jpg
    IMGP1262.jpg
    112.7 KB · Views: 553
  • IMGP1263.jpg
    IMGP1263.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 538
floor

Nice, Erod. I wish I had found that before I put down vinyl although the vinyl is an improvement over the fastened down rug I had before....this is an old camper! I then bought a nice shaggy carpet that I lay on the floor while camping and we can shake it out when dirty...nice for bare feet.
Brian

erod:

Now that is classy floor. I have some friends putting in the same stuff. i am sure I could get some scraps and do the same. How thick is it, how heavy and is it floating or glued down? It just looks so good!

Love this idea.......(brain working.......still working....)

Dave

dave, kind of heavy, the package is like 17 sq. feet and probably weighs 20-30 lbs (i am always bad at estimating wt.), definately weighs more than the linoleim (?) that was in there previously. you don't need the whole package though if you just do it to the bench, but pretty close. i left the area under the bench unfinished...figured i'll see if i lke it, didn't want to raise the bench 1/2" and stuff will slide around less on the unfinished floor. either way i would have to buy another package to do the whole floor of the camper so i thought i would give it a trial run...its nailed to the floor with 9/16" nails...the floor itself is about a 1/2" thick. it fits so tightly in there that i am not worried about it moving around, but with the nails its for sure not going anywhere. pretty easy install, longest part was the clean up the old floor/caulk/etc. i haven't used it on the road yet so i'll post a review when we get back...thanks for the comments guys!

That is classy, indeed. I expect the butler to use fine china when serving us at the next rally...:)

thanks guys, were super stoked with how it turned out! ended up mounting the floor on a removable panel today, i really like being able to remove the table and put it out side, seems pretty sturdy do we'll see how it does on our next trip!

erod,

Very nice job on the floor. The carpet as a catch all will come in very handy. We use cardboard over the carpet and flooring in the winter to keep the road sand and mud out. Not stylish but effective.

erod! that floor looks great! Dude! Now you've done it. You've got me and others thinking. Hay, Stan and Ben, Looks like a new option.

Cheers,

Mike

That does look fabulous

Great look, especially with the white cabinets. Nice job matching the flooring to the wood already in the camper. 20-30 pounds doesn't seem to great a penalty to pay. However, I can imagine the dogs jumping in the back and sliding half way to the front. :eek:

Ed, the carpet has rubber on the bottom, hopefully this will help with the dogs! it doesn't seem to slide at all! thanks everyone for the comments!

thanks guys, we were stoked on the new floor during our trip...especially in the pouring rain with muddy dogs, clean up was a breeze. we keep the carpet in there mostly for the dogs too and it seems to work out well...would recommend this mod to anyone looking to replace the factory flooring. thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom