New FWC Hawk owner. New to the forum

Fish Chaser

OK this is not my first post, but I think I'm under 10 still. I've been a lurker for a while. I got my new to me Hawk about 6 weeks ago and I've camped in it four times now, twice super local over nights with just my son. The two weekends where we added in the Mrs.

We just returned from a weekend in Julian CA, where we planned on relaxation and some fresh apple pie. We had both plus 5 inches of unexpected snow. I was expecting cold and rain, but not SNOW. I had figured out last weekend that my furnace did not work due to a bad thermostat. Rather than just put in any thermostat from Lowes, I'd opted to order the right one Tuesday from FWC. Unfortunately it did not arrive until after I'd left Friday. Luckily I was camping in a CG with electricity and I had my trusty little electric heater. We were warm enough even with no arctic pac. The electricity stayed on all night during the storm, thank God.

FWC in the snow.jpg

We had a great weekend. The FWC might have been a bit cramped in bad weather for three of us. My plan when downsizing into the camper was to be outdoors mostly and use the camper for sleeping primarily, realizing though that weather happens. Luckily this trip there was a comfy lodge with a roaring fire and college football on the big screen. We didn't suffer much.

All in all I'm very pleased with my Hawk. I had planned on buying a new shell model, but the wife urged me to buy used. I told her I'd been looking, but they hard to come by. So I looked again and found mine and only about 100 miles away. It's loaded with more options than I'd have even put on my shell model and I didn't have to do the work. I got it for about what I expect to pay for the shell with a few options, and less than half of what I'd pay FWC for the same camper today. The prior owner took good care of it so I've had only some little details to work on. I'll have to admit my wife was right on this one.......it happens at least once a year.

Gotta go eat some more of that apple pie :D

Congrats on the camper and welcome to full member status. Be sure to post lots of photos of your fishing trips.

Back
Top Bottom