New Grandby ordered

Colorado Mark

Advanced Member
New member here, wanted to say howdy! Glad I found this site.

Back in the early 90's, my wife and I bought our first Grandby. Picked it up from the original FWC plant on 6th ave. We loved our Grandby. My daughters where just infants when we would go camping. Loved that camper!!

Life events happened and we had to sell the Grandby. 20+ Years later, we really wanted to get back into getting off the beaten path and go places where RV's dare not go.

My wife & I where driving on a Trail in our Polaris RZR near Silverton and we noticed a truck with a pop up camper on it. He was way back in the trees in his own secluded camping spot. No motorhomes or 5th wheels with 3 slide outs, satellite dish, big screen TV hanging out the side with the generator running. Just him and his wife enjoying their very own private spot. Lo & behold, it was a FWC Hawk.

We stopped and talked to the couple. Wish I could remember their names. Really nice couple. They showed us inside & out on their Hawk. On the way back down the trail and for the next several weeks, all we could talk about was how much fun we always had in our Grandby and it would sure be nice to do that again instead of a motel.

Well, 3 months later we bit the bullet and special ordered a brand new Grandby from Denny in Montana. We figured what the heck and loaded it with the options we really wanted. Its only money and you can't take it with you. :p

Supposed to be ready around February 9. Looking forward to the new camper and meeting other members here. I'll post up some pictures when we drive up to get our new Grandby.

Colorado Mark said:

Back in the early 90's, my wife and I bought our first Grandby. Picked it up from the original FWC plant on 6th ave. We loved our Grandby. My daughters where just infants when we would go camping. Loved that camper!!

Life events happened and we had to sell the Grandby. 20+ Years later, we really wanted to get back into getting off the beaten path and go places where RV's dare not go.

My wife & I where driving on a Trail in our Polaris RZR near Silverton and we noticed a truck with a pop up camper on it. He was way back in the trees in his own secluded camping spot. No motorhomes or 5th wheels with 3 slide outs, satellite dish, big screen TV hanging out the side with the generator running. Just him and his wife enjoying their very own private spot. Lo & behold, it was a FWC Hawk.

We stopped and talked to the couple. Wish I could remember their names. Really nice couple. They showed us inside & out on their Hawk. On the way back down the trail and for the next several weeks, all we could talk about was how much fun we always had in our Grandby and it would sure be nice to do that again instead of a motel.

Well, 3 months later we bit the bullet and special ordered a brand new Grandby from Denny in Montana. We figured what the heck and loaded it with the options we really wanted. Its only money and you can't take it with you. [emoji14]

Supposed to be ready around February 9. Looking forward to the new camper and meeting other members here. I'll post up some pictures when we drive up to get our new Grandby.
Welcome back to the cult. If you haven't checked there is a Facebook site - Four Wheel Camper Owners. We bought a Grandby with front dinette back on 2014 and love it. My wife and I love WTW and the Facebook site has been great. jd

Nice you are already familiar with the FW campers. Back in the 90's for us it was little tents, took many years to graduate to a FWC. We love our Grandby. Have fun and be sure to post some pictures.

Colorado Mark said:

Well, 3 months later we bit the bullet and special ordered a brand new Grandby from Denny in Montana. We figured what the heck and loaded it with the options we really wanted. Its only money and you can't take it with you. :p

Hello mark, fellow granby owner here currently in southern cal traveling in it as we speak.

Where are you in colorado.?

FoxenTec said:
Nice you are already familiar with the FW campers. Back in the 90's for us it was little tents, took many years to graduate to a FWC. We love our Grandby. Have fun and be sure to post some pictures.

patrkbukly said:
Hello mark, fellow granby owner here currently in southern cal traveling in it as we speak.

Where are you in colorado.?
Wife & I started in a tent. Still have our old tent. We went with some friends one weekend and it was pouring rain and wind about 40-60 MPH. They where in their Keystone. They took pity on us and invited us in the camper. We where hooked. Had a FWC by the next camping trip.

We are in Littleton. Almost downtown Littleton. Have a very good friend that owns a second house in FairPlay. He owns quite a lot of property above Alma. He has some incredible places to go camping.

Colorado Mark said:
We are in Littleton. Almost downtown Littleton. Have a very good friend that owns a second house in FairPlay. He owns quite a lot of property above Alma. He has some incredible places to go camping.
Look me up come springtime, always cool to do some camping in our area with fellow FWC-ers.

Welcome, Colorado Mark. Denny and Stephen will take good care of you. I've ordered two FWC flatbed models from them- including the latest Grandby mounted on a one ton Ram chassis cab. ENJOY! Here is the previous Hawk flatbed they did for me...
[sharedmedia=core:attachments:22035]

Colorado Mark said:
Just got word. . .

My Grandby will be finished & picked up from the plant next week.

Wife & I head to Jackson WY on the 15th for our new camper.

We are excited!!!!!!!
Congrats on the camper..
Russ

Well, the truck is ready to go tomorrow. Heading to Wyoming.

i-MzZ36rf-L.jpg

Must be a good omen. Heading to go get gas for the truck and this is in front of me at the stoplight.

Sure looks like my old one.

i-zFwf7C4-L.jpg

This was the trip to Jackson. Just about every highway & road was closed. We had to turn around at Larime and head back up through Casper on the only road open. Took 14 hours to get to Jackson from Denver.

This is the view out the windshield of my truck on Hwy26.

i-q5WXCJN-L.jpg

Denny got stranded as well. He could not get in. Called me and said he was going to push through when the roads opened.

We made it into Jackson and Denny called. He said he would push through the next morning.

Denny called and said he made it through. Met him at the store Saturday morning.

Here is our new Grandby.
i-Z2Rw4GW-L.jpg

Pulled my truck in the shop for the anchors. I already had the wiring ready to go.
i-PR9KtdP-L.jpg

Bada BOOM!!!!! Got our new Grandby!!!!

i-BcZscdD-L.jpg

Big huge thanks to Denny!!! He went above & beyond to get through to bring us our new Grandby.

Back
Top Bottom