New Grandby owner- front dinette - out of whack

Jacksquatch

I just got my new Grandby today, in my f350.

I didn't notice when I bought it( was a long drive and I wanted to get out of there ) but when I got home I noticed the front dinette table slopes really bad

. Not level at all with the rest of the camper( meaning it changes the slope when i spin the table around...its quite a lot or I wouldn't care )
. Is this adjustable? or am I a goof?

I'll post pictures tomorrow.

I think I'm probably just a goof, and not seeing how to adjust the tilt on it.

I’d look at the mount attached to the forward wall (the one the pole portion of the table slides into vertically) and see if it is level, also check that the pole is all the way in. I have a front dinette and at least in mine there is no way to tilt the table. My current 2020 Hawk being my second FWC, my last a 2018 Swift, I can say the hawk had several finish work issues which like you I noticed when I got home. I only live an hour from the Factory and when I brought the issues to their attention they fixed them quickly and made it known they wanted me happy, it was frustrating none the less.

If the table tilt changes when you rotate it with no movement of the pole, that probably means there is something going on with the fitting on the bottom of the table (bent, mounted wrong, missing a piece of sleeve).

Yea its something with the tube fitting that the table goes through either welded on crooked or something.

I pulled it all apart and switched the sleeves around its a lot better now. Good enough to where my foods not going to fall off onto the floor now anyway lol.

Seems like overtightening it kinda warps the black plastic sleeves and may have been the cause.

Jacksquatch said:
Yea its something with the tube fitting that the table goes through either welded on crooked or something.

I pulled it all apart and switched the sleeves around its a lot better now. Good enough to where my foods not going to fall off onto the floor now anyway lol.

Seems like overtightening it kinda warps the black plastic sleeves and may have been the cause.
I’d take a few photos and give FWC a call, wouldn’t be surprised if they offered to mail you out a new table/mount.

Back
Top Bottom