New guy / new Fleet introduction

JacintoKid

Advanced Member
Greetings all,
I just wanted to introduce myself after lurking for quite a while. It also allows me the opportunity to thank the members of this forum for the invaluable information gleaned here which helped in my decision to order and eventually pick up the new Fleet from Rocky Mountain Four Wheel Campers in Denver back in October. This is my 3rd truck camper in 10 years. Started out with a Lance 835 on a Dodge longbed 4x4 SRW diesel, had that for 4 years and then purchased an Arctic Fox 990 on a Dodge 4x4 Dually. After 6 years with the Arctic Fox, flat towing a Jeep, I decided to streamline and trade for a rig that could accomplish roughly the same thing while cutting fuel costs and overall weight in half so I sold everything and purchased a Tacoma and ordered a Fleet. Both of the first campers were great and fit our style of camping very well but the Tacoma and Fleet are just about the perfect tool for our needs. We primarily beach camp on the weekends here in TX and then several weeks of boondocking and exploring in the mountains each summer. I was able to turn our Denver pickup into a mini vacation and everything worked as advertised. I would also like to say that the workmanship on this camper is excellent. I'm not extremely picky about "the little things" in general but I really haven't been able to find any imperfections yet. Thanks again to the forum members. I look forward to hanging out here more often and contributing some TR's, Brad

Attachments

• 2014 Colorado trip 006.JPG
    2014 Colorado trip 006.JPG
    344.9 KB · Views: 254
  • 2014 Colorado trip 027.JPG
    2014 Colorado trip 027.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 252
  • 2014 Colorado trip 104.JPG
    2014 Colorado trip 104.JPG
    30.6 KB · Views: 236
Welcome to the site,Brad.
This site has so much information and members willing to give help it's great.

Nice rig.We have an ATC Bobcat basically the same camper as your Fleet.
We have had ours now for 5 years and have used it on a lot of awesome trips.

Check out my travel blog if you would like suggestions for trips.
Frank

I love your setup. That looks great.
Enjoy your travels.

Does your cargo box in the back swing out? That looks like something I need.
Do you have a link or name of the setup for that?

Casa,
I strongly considered a Bobcat, beautiful camper. It was pretty close to a toss up in my mind but in the end chose FWC. I'll definitely check your blog, thanks for the welcome. This forum is indeed awesome.

DrJ, it's a stowaway brand cargo carrier minus the plastic box. You can purchase the swing away frame by itself. It's a little heavy but it's an awesome product. I puchased the appropriate sized truck box from Tractor Supply and bolted it to the swingaway frame. There is a steel crossmember that the carrier swings away from. It runs parallel with and below the bumper that just happens to work great as a step. Just the right offset. http://www.stowaway2.com/hitch-cargo-carrier.aspx

Craig333,
Here are a few of the previous rig. Sorry, didn't have many to choose from. This was back in May in the Conejos valley of Colorado. This was a fun rig but diesel fuel was eating my lunch @ 10 MPG. Lately, I've been trying to downsize and streamline everything in my life. With the new rig, I'm a stealth camping Ninja !!

Attachments

• 2014 vacation 021.JPG
    2014 vacation 021.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 115
  • 2014 vacation 026.JPG
    2014 vacation 026.JPG
    120.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 2014 vacation 094.JPG
    2014 vacation 094.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 105
I ditched the big camper too for a FWC but I kept the dually. Can't live without it and MPGs are better with the FWC for sure. Got me a Jeep 6 months ago and plan to drag it around from time to time.

Welcome and enjoy the new toys!

Back
Top Bottom