New guy with a new mini home.

This old growth cedar was greeting me as I made my way to the hot springs.

Attachments

• Baker Hot Springs and camper 018.jpg
    Baker Hot Springs and camper 018.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 624
Watching the clouds roll in.

Attachments

• camper in june 003.jpg
    camper in june 003.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 586
This is at dusk after the clouds lifted.A nice cresent moon over head with me on a mountain side.Time to play some music under the stars.

Attachments

• camper in june 010.jpg
    camper in june 010.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 578
It took me a while to find this spot.The hot springs from Mt Baker.
There were no signs or even much of a trail,it's a great place with old growth tree's in the rainforest.

What was the condition of that spring? Very sulfurish or fairly nice? General temp?

I would say the temp of the hotspring is in the high 80's. I went in early summer so it was very nice then. I did not mind the smell it wasn't bad at all.
It was not very deep probably 3ft at most with the water coming from the ground.

I would say the temp of the hotspring is in the high 80's. I went in early summer so it was very nice then. I did not mind the smell it wasn't bad at all.
It was not very deep probably 3ft at most with the water coming from the ground.

Cool sounds like a sweet spot. If your are opened to divulging I'd be interested to know details about it come spring.

Cool sounds like a sweet spot. If your are opened to divulging I'd be interested to know details about it come spring.

Never mind, found it. The road was closed about 3mi out so we hiked in. Didn't know if it was going to be warm in the winter but it was an enjoyable temp.
Spring.jpg

Great Story and welcome. I am beginning to see a lot of different people posting to this site from Washington. We may need to have a Washington rally one of these days!

Mt Baker is one of my favorite hiking and cross-country skiing places!

Cheers,

Chris

Nice work getting there in the snow pods8 that had to of been fun. It looks like you had it all to yourself.I need to check it out again now.When I was there there was a pool floaty and that seemed to help.

Yukon chris good to hear from you.The Baker area really is sweet I have been here for 14 years and have trouble leaving for good reason.

Attachments

• shuksin arm 054.jpg
    shuksin arm 054.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 202
Nice work getting there in the snow pods8 that had to of been fun. It looks like you had it all to yourself.I need to check it out again now.When I was there there was a pool floaty and that seemed to help.

Oh yeah we didn't see a soul once we left the vehicle. I'm sure the combination of a 3mi hike in, winter, and being a bit later in the day did it (we ended up coming out via headlamp). Luckily there was one faint set of footsteps off the road back to the spring otherwise I doubt we would have found it on a whim.

The pool floaty helped what, lounging? Right now its only 2-3' deep so its easy to sit, could use a bit of excavating work to make it a bit deeper in my opinion. If I head up at a low traffic time down the road I might bring a shovel to deepen it a bit if its still needed.

I ended up going the wrong way and found it by chance.There our no signs and the trail is hidden.
As far as a floatie.
Yeah lounging.It would lift me a couple inches off the ground.picture a half blownup seat.Like I said I found it there.any way it worked.lol.
good idea about digging it out.I read somewhere that it used to be a resort of sorts.

Back
Top Bottom