New hawk. Is this normal?

Keeferton

We picked up our new hawk yesterday and noticed a potential defect with the roof. The trim around the roof and the roof itself appears bowed towards the corners. The trim is also bent outwards in some spots.

I’ve looked at other pictures and it appears this is a common thing but ours looks particularly bad. Is this something I should bring up with fwc or try and correct myself? I’m going to send some photos to the dealer but it’s an 8 hour round trip away unfortunately. The trim seems thin enough I could push is back in by hand in the areas it’s bowed outwards but I don’t think anything can be done about the fact it’s bowed towards the corners which could be intentional for water runoff. Am I just being new camper paranoid? Everything but the roof looks great!

Cool thats what i figured. Sorry tried to upload from my phone but they were too big. the roof panel itself seems fine. Maybe the trim around it just got installed on a Friday. Photos attached. Its hard to see from the photos but the trim right in front of the propane door is actually pulled away from the body a bit. more than the rest. Maybe about and inch or so.

Attachments

• image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    68.1 KB · Views: 266
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    105.4 KB · Views: 307
  • image1 (1).jpeg
    image1 (1).jpeg
    89.1 KB · Views: 286
  • image0 (2).jpeg
    image0 (2).jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 236
Adventurebound said:
Is that a new Tundra? How does it handle with the camper? Have you done any suspension upgrades?
Yes it is. Its a fully loaded Hawk at around 1500 pounds dry. Definitely needs some more suspension upgrades but for now it just has the OME 80 series extra heavy duty springs and they hold the weight surprisingly well. Planning to get some shocks next as soon as I figure out the best option. I will eventually add airbags probably and a hellwig sway bar as well. Getting between 13-14 mpg on the highway out here in Central Oregon. Was hoping for 15 but I think that was asking a lot.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom