New Hawk owner

4corners44

Just want to say Hi and what a great website this is! I had my new Hawk Shell model installed late December and have been reading all of the posts here for about the last six months or so and have picked up an amazing amount of information. I wanted a basic model without water as I am a solo camper with minimal cooking needs of mostly rehydrated homecooked meals as I have transitioned from a prior life of backpacking. So solar on the roof with 2 batterys, side awning, and a couple of other items did it for me. It is finally getting warm enough here at home so I can get a few things done in the camper and on my truck. Truck is a 2006 Tundra with just 49K miles that I bought new in 2006. I added Bilsteins and Firestone airbags and with Michelin truck tires it handles the load just fine. I reside in the Four Corners area in NM and have been here since 1981. Looking forward to the camper life and doing a lot of trout fishing. Everyone take care and have fun! Thanks for the GREAT forum!

Welcome to WTW. I love the water even if sometimes it doesn't get used. I'll be interested to see if you feel the same after you've had the camper a while.

Welcome, 4Corners! I was just in your neck of the woods, albeit without my camper [emoji57]. Mesa Verde was completely devoid of tourists!
I also carry water, in a 7 gallon spigot-style container. It takes hardly any space, and tucks into the little spot under the cooler of my ATC Bobcat perfectly.
Have fun!

Back
Top Bottom