New Hawk Shell interior measurements

claws

Advanced Member
I've ordered a 2021 Hawk Shell FWC but it won't be done until December. I'm preparing a shopping list for things that will fit in my camper and where they might go. I'd like to know the following measurements: the bench height, width, and length on both sides of the camper as well as the height from the top of the bench to the lowered roof. I don't have the rollover couch or sink counter top, just a furnace and cook top. I'd rather not drive an hour and a half to Woodland to take these measurements myself, so if anyone here has this camper and could provide me with these measurements I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,
Kim

Max clearance height for a '20 Hawk shell, bench to interior roof: 32 in. (31 in. w/ arctic pack). Bench width 16 1/4".

ri-f said:
Max clearance height for a '20 Hawk shell, bench to interior roof: 32 in. (31 in. w/ arctic pack). Bench width 16 1/4".
Thanks for the measurements. I assume the bench width you gave me is for the driver's side bench. I think the passenger side bench is wider but I'm not sure. Your measurements are a big help. Thanks again.

Kim

claws said:
Thanks for the measurements. I assume the bench width you gave me is for the driver's side bench. I think the passenger side bench is wider but I'm not sure. Your measurements are a big help. Thanks again.

Kim
No, same measement both sides.

Thanks ri-f. Next time you're in your shell could you measure the distance from the floor to the top of the bench and the length of the benches?

Kim

Ri-f

How does your arctic pack impact the interior height on your Hawk Shell ?

Thanks

David Graves

David, the arctic pack folds down into about an 11-inch wide stack about 1-inch in thickness when you drop the roof. It doesn't significantly change the clearance anywhere except around that 11-inch band along perimeter. That may or may not be significant, it depends on your DIY interior build in a shell model, and whether that extra inch might possibly make a difference in your design, for instance, in the height of a DIY cabinet. Rich

__
Ri-f

How does your arctic pack impact the interior height on your Hawk Shell ?

Thanks

David Graves

claws said:
Thanks ri-f. Next time you're in your shell could you measure the distance from the floor to the top of the bench and the length of the benches?

Kim
OK, Kim, the floor to bench top is: 21 1/4", port side bench length: 52 1/4", starboard side bench length: 771/2". Note that there is a cutout at the aft end of the starboard side bench: 16 1/2" long (from rear door towards front of camper) and 11" deep - so that the bench is not 16 1/4" wide all the way back to the rear door.

Rich

Thank you so much Rich. Now I can start spending money on storage bins, fridge, and assorted camping gear even though I won't have my camper for 8 more months. The wait is killing me. :)

Kim

Back
Top Bottom