New Hawk!

SunMan

King Taco
Well, as Tomas Tierra alluded to I found a used Hawk for my 2006 Tundra. Found it on Craigslist in Modesto, no photos, but the sellers convinced me it was in great condition and used only 3 times...well, that was enough for me.

After much conversation with Stan and Chicali at FWC (more on that in another post), I drilled and prepped my rig on Friday eve. and the GF and I set out first thing on Saturday morning in search of my long sought after quarry. It was about a 5 hour drive North and after meeting with the nice folks the camper appeared as advertised and I decided it was leaving with me!!

SO whats a guy with a new FWC on the back of his rig to do? Bomb another 5hour hell drive home or take a 2 hour detour East to Yosemite?? The answer is obvious...after arriving at the park we had about an hour of daylight left and I opted skip out on camping with the masses in the valley and head up the Tioga Pass to find a secluded campsite which we did. After a nice dinner, a few frosty beverages and a nice fire, we retired in the new palace on wheels. So nice not to have to blow up an air matress or pitch a tent...them days are over!!

We slept like champs and headed down into the valley first thing this morning. I was pretty excited as the GF had never been to Yosemite before...after blowing her mind on El Cap, Half Dome, and the assorted granite cathedrals for a couple of hours we headed home (I know, not nearly enough time, we totally Chevy Chased it but we had no choice!).

Unfortunately my camera is at Canon being repaired so no pix to document the event . Good ole Murphy hard at work. Got home this afternoon and thanks to Tomas, he snapped a few pix for me to post....so here they are...

Attachments

• phpBRyVEEPM.jpg
    phpBRyVEEPM.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 404
  • phppKlRrcPM.jpg
    phppKlRrcPM.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 412
  • phptnObIXPM.jpg
    phptnObIXPM.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 402
SunMan:

Let me welcome you to the "club"! When I got my Hawk shell last year, used of course, I couldn't wait to take it out either. I did get it back to the house, took it off the truck, and did some maintenance. Mine is an 01. I tried to prep my truck as well, but just didn't understand until I had it in front of me. With drill and forged bolts in hand, I finished the anchors right there!!

Rained like crazy, but it was cool to finally have it on and ready to go. Now, it is ready to go anytime. Got gas, will travel!

Enjoy!

Dave in Seattle.

New Hawk camper....

SuMan.....Really nice camper and truck. Congrats to you and here's to many more good nights and campfires with your GF and camper....
Happy Trails,
Brian

Very cool. How great is it to buy the camper and then put it right to use!
Welcome.

P.S. I notice your rig has propane but I don't see a heater. Is it for a stove or? We need more pictures and details on the camper.

Sunman,

Truck and camper are a excellent match, if you like mountain camping I'd recommend adding the heater down the road some time. I added ours last Feb. with parts and advise from FWC (Chicali was a great help) and we've loved it ever since. All the best.

Thanks for all the well wishes folks. I'm one happy hombre.

Sam, It was definitely great to put the camper to immediate use. Sadly, I have only a stove, no furnace. I sure could have used one, Yosemite in mid-November was a bit frosty, thankfully I have good sleeping bags.
At this point I'm leaning towards a portable heater for simplicity, but may consider adding one as DLN did depending on the cost. Lots of things to consider.

The camper came equipped with ice box, stove, sink w/ electric pump, standard cab over bed, fluorescent lights, screen door, fantastic fan and rear flood lights.

My current priorities are rigging a dual battery system and roof racks of some sort. Lots to learn about but with the knowledge base on this board I'm not too concerned! :D

Back
Top Bottom