New Heaters and fridge

silverstriketim said:
Well after all the responses I called FWC and had them add the 160 watt solar, I decided that this would be the way to go and with the input here it seems the setup I will have I can run the fridge, as for the heater, when we went to the FWC showroom the new heater was quite a bit quieter than the one in our "07" Hawk, good news only 8ish more weeks till it is ready!!
Excellent decision. You won’t regret it.

How are the new fridge units and what does everyone recommend? I have a Norcold that came with my Hawk new in '05. It was great off propane but never good on 12v, even with the truck running. I have solar as well. It's finally died and I need to replace it. I want a 3-way and to be able to run it on 12v when going from point A to point B without draining the battery. Any advice?

aa bnew camper (3).jpg
Picked up the new camper, very happy with the new look.

stoef said:
How are the new fridge units and what does everyone recommend? I have a Norcold that came with my Hawk new in '05. It was great off propane but never good on 12v, even with the truck running. I have solar as well. It's finally died and I need to replace it. I want a 3-way and to be able to run it on 12v when going from point A to point B without draining the battery. Any advice?
off topic, but... in short, 3 way fridges are not good at running on 12v. get a good 2 way and run happily on solar

Vic, FWC manual and everyone else also says 3 ways on DV is no good. I know my 3 way Dometic draws much amps, 10 or more. Have you tested it or know anyone who have throughly tested it? I like some data to tell me it is not worth making it work on DC as a backup or just using it on DC during the day for few hours. . I got 280 watts on roof to juice up two 75 ah AGM. What do I need to get by to use my 3 way on DC and how long can I run it on DC. While i shop for a ARB or other compressor fridge, just want to test the 3 way to make sure I truly need a compressor fridge as I do like my Dometic on propane.

Back
Top Bottom