New Keystone!

m.r.h.

Well after a long search, a couple of weeks of some emails back and forth, and an adventure through Portland's traffic, I pulled into the driveway with this 86 Keystone from OSUFlyer.

full

I have some plans to upgrade the interior a bit over the coming months but first I am just going to use it as is before I start taking things out.

I will get some proper tie downs, but it is already off the truck as I don't want to drive around with on for now. The first project is figuring out what battery I am going to put in it (so many different types, sizes, and price points). My electrical uses will be pretty minimal, charging phone, camera batteries, maybe a computer, some lights, and running the maxxair fan. My plan is to add some solar down as well, probably something semi portable because it will be parked in the shade, but close to sun. So any suggestions are appreciated.

full

If I find time this summer I will likely take out the entire kitchenette and rebuild something a little bit lighter with more storage. As much fun as an oven would be to have I don't see myself baking too much. I have some ideas for a couple cabinets and a counter top, sans sink, with an area for a Partner 4-burner stove that can be moved to cook outside, or bring on river trips. Probably going to just use a cooler in place of a fridge. Don't want to buy more gear when I have lots that can be used in the camper as well as on rafting trips. Will add a heat source as well, maybe a small diesel heater?

Struggling to add photos but once I figure it out I will get something up.

It’s the black upload button, but you can also go direct to the comment box. The comment has something that reads like More Reply Options. Select it, and then choose the photo, attach the file and add to post

D460C640-4054-45FE-A74C-A0F037C7D5ED.jpeg

Wandering Sagebrush said:
It’s the black upload button, but you can also go direct to the comment box. The comment has something that reads like More Reply Options. Select it, and then choose the photo, attach the file and add to post

attachicon.gif
D460C640-4054-45FE-A74C-A0F037C7D5ED.jpeg
Good thing I used my eyes and finally noticed the large "gallery" button next to the "forum" button, call that man looking around here. I had been going through the gallery in my profile and didn't see an upload button. Thanks for the help

I found two brand new Renogy AMG12 100 on Craigslist for $300. Seems like a good deal. Anyone else have experience with these? Should I avoid?

Renogy is having a Father's Day sale, check it out. I have a Renogy 100w panel I got direct from them on sale a couple of months ago for $99.99 seems great, no issues. Sorry, I don't remember the model

Congrats! Looks great!

What i suggest (and it seems like youre doing it) is to use it as is for a bit and THEN design the mods and replacements.

Whats in your head now may not be the best solution after you spend some time in it and realize this would be better over here, that would be better here, etc...

Enjoy

Back
Top Bottom