New Member from The Planet Northern California

Hello everyone. This is a great site. The wife and I are looking at purchasing a Grandby shell before Winter to add to our F250 Superduty.
ford1.jpg

We have not done any camping this year and we are going a little stir crazy. In January we sold our 1987 VW Westfalia Syncro.

409a.jpg

We looking forward to meeting some like minded folks, learning a bit and hopefully letting our knowledge help out as well.

Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see another Nor. Cal. member. Nice truck but does need a FWC to complete it. If you aren't aware of the lead time for orders it can be as long as 3 months. Give Stan a call and check it out. Looks like the Westy served you well for a lot of years.

Welcome to the board. It's always nice to see another Nor. Cal. member. Nice truck but does need a FWC to complete it. If you aren't aware of the lead time for orders it can be as long as 3 months. Give Stan a call and check it out. Looks like the Westy served you well for a lot of years.
Thanks. I spoke to Stan yesterday and he said if I get the order in really soon we would have it by the end of October.

It was nice meeting you and your family the other day.

Just let me know if I can help with anything as you do your homework and research.

I would be glad to help.

Happy Camping !

Nice Syncro!
We sold our 86 Vanagon Westy and got a ATC Bobcat in March. We miss the room and layout of our Vanagon. For the size of Vanagon you can't beat the layour and the room Vanagon has.
I've the Bobcat on a 06 Tacoma but your F250 is a better fit!

After seeing the VW I'm looking fwd to what you do to the F-250 and popup :D

After seeing the VW I'm looking fwd to what you do to the F-250 and popup :D

Me to. I have done a layout drawing. Between a couple of the VW Wesfalia camper beds facing each other towards the cab of tghe truck with a removable table in the middle, the cooker top/sink from the same VW , an Ikea cabinet for the cooker/sink and lastley an Engel 63 quart fridge.

We will order the 8.5 Shell Model with these options.
Screen Door - $ 235.00
Side Awning (8.0’) - $ 695.00
Extended Cab-over Bed Option - $ 575.00
Furnace w/ 5 gal. Propane tank - $ 675.00
Mechanical Camper Jacks (4 corner) - $ 595.00
Swing-Out Brackets for Jacks (may be required) - $ 185.00
Front Sliding Window Boot - $ 140.00

The rest is up to us. Like all of our projects we will post lots of pictures. Here is a link that shows alot of the stuff we have done.
http://s159.photobucket.com/albums/t121/bmweuro/

Me to. I have done a layout drawing.

I am intrigued by your ideas (camper beds, IKEA cabinet) and you obviously have fab experience. Would you be willing to share your drawing?

Last time I was in Chico I don't think they had housing like that. Tells you how long ago that was :D

I am intrigued by your ideas (camper beds, IKEA cabinet) and you obviously have fab experience. Would you be willing to share your drawing?
I will try and take a picture of it tonight and post it. If not tonight next week when we get back from a Hot Rod show.

Last time I was in Chico I don't think they had housing like that. Tells you how long ago that was :D
It is a newer subdivision with houses that look like they were built in the 20's

Here is a picture of our design drwing

FWCShell2.jpg

The 2 benches fold out to make a queen size bed.

We have a small metal fabrication company with enough tooling to get myself in trouble. So this will be a fun project similar to our VW camper which we built cabinets, added solar, LED lighting, DVD w/12", Propex heater and more.

Back
Top Bottom