New Member Introduction

Glenn

Advanced Member
Hello All,

Thanks for the add to WTW. I want to keep this brief, I looked over the site and was impressed.

I’m building a solo camping rig with my truck and topper. I’m guessing the “truck camper” would be the closest category for this.

I’m in my 60’s and have tent camped most of my life and felt it was time for a change. My wife doesn’t particularly care to camp, fish, or hunt, but supports my endeavors. Kids are long grown so the truck topper seemed to make sense. I reside in Southern Illinois.

There’s much I need to learn, and look forward to gaining from experienced members.

Thanks! Glenn

Attachments

• IMG_8674.jpeg
    IMG_8674.jpeg
    255.7 KB · Views: 24
Hi Glenn, welcome to Wander the West! There is a lot of knowledge in the member community, and I’m sure you’ll soon add to that pool. Please do document your build as you progress, it will help the next person. We love pictures!

Glenn,welcome to the site.Like Steve there is a wealth of info here.
Also asking questions works here. Sometimes it might take a while to have an answer but they come.
Enjoy the site.
Frank

Hi Glenn, welcome to Wander the West! There is a lot of knowledge in the member community, and I’m sure you’ll soon add to that pool. Please do document your build as you progress, it will help the next person. We love pictures!
Thank you Steve, I’ve been taking pictures and will be sure to share them when I start posting. Thank you for the reply.
Glenn,welcome to the site.Like Steve there is a wealth of info here.
Also asking questions works here. Sometimes it might take a while to have an answer but they come.
Enjoy the site.
Frank
Thank you Frank, I will definitely be asking questions as I break it down into topics. I know how long winded posts can become discouraging for the reader.

I am open to helping and sharing with the community. While a lot of the solar and off grid (12 volt) camping is new to me I have been a member of the Diesel Stop forum (aka Big Horn) since 2018. Through that community I have done a lot of work to my 2002 F350 7.3 PSD.

I am also a Boilermaker union welder (33 years) at a large manufacturer as a maintenance welder. 3 more years until retirement?. So, I’m more than happy to help with advice or ideas pertaining metalworking and things in my wheelhouse (through private messaging - I know it’s a little off topic for the forum topics)

Glad to be here, thanks for the reply, Glenn.

Glenn, your welding skills might be very informative to the members, we currently have two members that are repairing or modifying the aluminum frames on their campers. Feel free to jump into the fray.

Back
Top Bottom