New Member looking for help

Roberto,

Your layout looks good to me. The only possible issue I see is the distance between the table corners and the cabinets for access to the seating. I suppose you could fine tune that later.

DLN, thanks for the input. You're right about the table, and that's exactly what I had in mind. It's in the diagram as a placeholder, no precise measurements yet.

Roberto,
One solution to the table might be to have it movable so that it can be slid out of the way for that corner person to get in. Here is a picture to give you an idea. We had trailer with a U shaped sofa with a table in the middle and there was enough room to slide the table around to get in. We have much more limited space the the FWCs and ATCs.

Attachments

• IMG_1195.jpg
    IMG_1195.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 233
Hello Roberto

Thanks for the floor plan sketch.

I can say for sure we won't be able to do that much customizing for a Keystone shell (unfortunatly). :(

The owner here has some limitations on what we can and can't do, and sometimes there is just too many things going on in a given week to be able to customize each camper.

In your original posting you were looking for ...

1. Toilet install.
2. Propane tank install.
3. Furnace
4. Hot Water/Shower (I guess that means a water tank and plumbing).

We can install the furnace with the propane tank in a shell model (that is easy).

We should be able to install the cassette toilet in the Kestone Shell (I haven't ran it by the owner here yet for a final approval, but it seems easy enough).

We would not be able to install the hot / water outside shower in the shell model, but I'm sure you could install that aftermarket on your own.

Sorry to get your hopes up.

I will push as many custom items through the shop as I can -- I have a good relationship with the guys in production. But even for me, sometimes they want to hang me from the rafters for the stuff I try and get them to do :)

Just call or e-mail me if there is anything else I can help, with or if you would like to discuss other ideas further.

I am in the process of redoing a Keystone camper right now. I am actually going to shorten it up to 8' but do have the same intentions. One thought I have on your floor plan that I have thought about is the people in the cabover part would have to climb over the guys sleeping on the lower couch/bed. If I understand you drawing correctly you intend on having the front couch convert into a bed and then have the slid on the top go over it also. May be an issue if someone has to use the tree in the middle of the night. I have kind of converted back to having the beds on the side to maintain access for the night owls and the early risers and those that cant hold it all night.

Winter - thanks for the comments. Yes, you understand me correctly, and I have thought about the same issue, but have not been able to come up with a better answer. I just don't see a way to squeeze two full length beds along the sides and have enough room left for the appliances and bathroom.

So, I guess we'll have to be careful when we need to use the bathroom during the night.

Stan, I'll be in touch, thanks for the reply. Just to be clear, the only things I'm looking for from FWC are the ones in my original post that you listed in your last reply. The sketch is of what I am going to do myself.

I am comfortable with doing all the interior stuff, but I'm less happy with doing work that entails cutting through the side of the camper, and it seems to me that all the items I listed do just that.

My plan is actually to come up to the Sacramento area towards the end of the month (when it gets a little cooler in that furnace you guys call home) :eek: .

I have a friend who lives in Rocklin that I want to visit anyway. I appreciate your willingness to help and I'll be in touch so we can set up a time to meet - hopefully you folks are open on Saturdays?

Regards,

Roberto

why not bunk beds

Hi Roberto,

I'm more or less in the same situation as you, but smaller. My kids are 2 and 10 years. On my older camper I installed a second bed over the fridge and sink for the little guy in the family. During the day his bed was removed and stored flat on our bed (cab over).
On my new camper I will install a removable bunk over the bench. This way I can still have access to the sink, don't have to climb over a sleeping kid and can walk out during the night. It will be the same hight as the cab over bed, so the feeding thing in the middle of the night is going to be easy.
I think Stan and Ben can tell me if the walls are strong enough to support the bed on the sides or if they need some additional support.

Cabezon,

I've thought of a bunk, and it does make sense. One thing I want to explore is how to anchor it. Ideally, two points on the wall and two on the roof would make sense - definitely something to think about and investigate, thanks for the input.

How did you anchor the bunk on your old camper? Also, I don't believe that storage on the cabover while down is an option. If I'm correct, it would have to be stored along the wall or behind the bench. Things to think about.

Roberto

Back
Top Bottom