new member with 85 Keystone

BenG

Just wanted to say hello to the everyone here, New to his forum, but it looks like there are alot great people here with good advise and ideas, I have just purchased a 85 Keystone Camper last week its in good shape and will be in great shape in a little time, will be replacing the lift support on front this weekend (hope it goes smooth, and thanks for the advise Ben Burnett). really looking forward to using this camper be alot nicer than tent camping.
Do have one question for the members here, has anyone have imfomation an a RV toilet name "monomatic" it came in this camper, it has a built in holding tank with external dump outside camper, and flushes with water in its own tank. but thats all I know about it, would really like to find owners manual or instructions on its use or if any of you have one let me know how it suppost to work. will post some pics of this camper later, when I figure that one out LOL

ok here is a pic of the camper

Attachments

• 026.JPG
    026.JPG
    79.6 KB · Views: 356
Welcome To The Forum
Post Some Pictures We Would Like To See It
About That Porta Potty I Never Heard Of That One. If It Was Me Id Brand New One 75 Bucks Most Stores.
Happy Trails

Ben,

Welcome aboard. I can't help you with the toilet information. FWC does offer a cassette toilet on one of it's models that sounds similar so maybe Stan or Ben will check in here. Good Luck.

thanks for the link Jim:D thats what I been searching for, this will help me out.

Hello BenG

welcome aboard -- looks like a nice set up !

did you get the Keystone from the lady in Colorado ?

I think she had the new "pop-up" portion of the camper replaced by Hallmark ?

it looked like a like a nice camper for the price (if that is the same one)

have fun with the new camper !

Question for Stan. Hallmark Replacement Top

Stan...you mentioned the lady in Colorado as maybe having the "pop-up" fabric
on the '85 Keystone replaced by "Hallmark".

IF so...what fabric was used? Is it the "original" TAN fabric?

From the picture posted by BenG it sure looks like something other than the Gray material you are using now.
Could you tell me about Hallmark?

Also...did receive the sample patch of the gray material you sent me...Thank you.
But...It's just not what I want to replace my top with.

Thanks again...Coop.

P.S. Hello...BenG! I also have an older Keystone! Mine was built in Colorado, in late 1989, and I bought it in early 1990 from a fella in Texas...!
How would you describe the top material in your camper?

Cheers!

The camper was bought here local in Spokane Washigton, and this guy got it from some one out of Aurburn Washington, thats the only history I have on it, right now waiting on the department of Liscensing to get the thing registered, but they can't find any history on it :rolleyes: so its hurry up and wait for them to add it back into system or what ever they do, so can get it into my name and onto the road legaly. as for the fabric on it, it looks original to me, feels like a type of nylon bend, kind of reminds me of the heavy tarps used by truckers but not that thick. Couple more pics for you , will get around to take some better once. As for the rest of the rig the the truck is a 89 F250 with a 460cid and five speed transmision its getting up in miles right now but still runs great got 275000 miles on this truck she been a real work horse and given me very little trouble, except that it doesnt like to pass up the gas pumps:(

Attachments

• 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 252
  • 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 254
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 247
Yes Craig333 we have to register campers here, actully get a liscense plate for camper .....just another way to get into your wallet

Hey BenG

maybe I hadn't had my first cup of coffee yesterday

I took another look at your posting, and yes your camper does have the tan fabric (as it should)

For some reason the camper picture you posted in the shade was looking like a grey material for me on my computer -- maybe I'm starting to go color blind :)

just let us know if we can help with anything down the road

happy trails !

jimjxsm

Thanks for the Hallmark link.
I wasn't aware they are a full camper manufacturer.
I thought perhaps, from Stan's comment, that they might have been a canvas or fabric house that rebuilt/repaired camper tops, tent trailer tops and that kind of thing.

BenG
Yep! same layout as mine except for the color scheme.
And...same top material by the sounds of it too!

My camper sits on a 1990 GMC K2500 4X4 with the 350 cid and manual tran's.

Appears as though yours might still have the porta-potty in it?
I removed the potty from mine and built in a storage locker and chest of four drawers in that corner.
Never relished the idea of having that odiferous thing, particularly when in use, two feet away from the dining table when you're sitting there trying to eat a...burger...???
Still prefer to go out in the woods and...talk-to-the-bears! Ha!

Cheers...Coop.

Back
Top Bottom