Ronanmd1

Hi guys - First post here. Proud owner of a new Hawk. Wife and I decided it was time to upgrade from the roof top tent on the Disco. Ram 2500 diesel and new FWC Hawk fits the bill perfectly! Couple trips through the fall were as good as expected. :)

Cheers for now!

Jason

Attachments

• PA250405.JPG
    PA250405.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 222
Welcome to WTW and pop-up campering, Jason Ronanmd1!
Looks like you've already figured out how to have fun with it. :)

WELCOME JASON - I am a newbie also to FWC and enjoying it very much - I am looking for either a 2006 Tundra or a flatbed trailer to pull my Kerstrel (Hawk). Either way will work. Would like to hear about your recent adventure. Hope to meet some time. Terry Hensley

Bseek - Thanks! Took a few tries. :) The chairs are Kermit Chairs. Best camping chairs I have ever used.

highz - Yep, got 3 days of fishing in during the trip. Water temps were a bit cool and the hoppers are gone for the season, but we did well with streamers and nymphs. Some nice bows and browns. Really enjoyed the heater at night when the temps dropped below freezing!

Jason

fish1.jpg

Welcome Jason.

Looks like we may have stayed in the same campground. Can't recall the exact name but a great spot. Only one other person there during our stay. Love Montana.

Third spot from the end:

iGwGVmz.jpg

No, there wasn't a pot-of-gold at the end of the rainbow in the outhouse:

dmorFk9.jpg

Welcome to the Ronanmd1. Looks like you have the perfect set up. I need to add Quake Lake to my places to visit list.

Happy wandering.

Buzz

Ronanmd1 said:
Banks of the Madison River near Quake Lake.
Welcome to the group. Know that spot .We were there Oct 1st,the day the park was closed.When were you there? Were you at YNP the last of Sept?
Nice fish.Haven't fished the Madison there but inside the park I have done well.
Love fishing in Montana with all the public access spots and a reasonable non resident fee.

Many great travels.
Frank

Welcome and enjoy your new toy-not having to camp in a cold cold camp in the snow around a almost dead fire in the wind, is a wonderful feeling-heat- shelter-all on a truck ----who'd of thunk of it! Enjoy and think of all those year round plans you can make now!!!

Smoke

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Frank - My wife and I were at YNP in early September. At that time we were still in the Discovery with the rooftop tent...dreaming of our next trip in the new Hawk! Did fairly well fishing inside the park. Some crazy warm water in there. Fish were hungry.

Jason

Ronanmd1 said:
Thanks for the welcome guys.

Frank - My wife and I were at YNP in early September. At that time we were still in the Discovery with the rooftop tent...dreaming of our next trip in the new Hawk! Did fairly well fishing inside the park. Some crazy warm water in there. Fish were hungry.

Jason
I enjoy fishing the Friehole up toward the geyser basin area.Just before where the "no"fishing part is.Those cuts just are all over the place.The hatches are almost all of the time.The water is warm there and they like it.
Enjoy the new camper.
frank

I also have a new Hawk. I have ben wondering if anyone has thought of a way to store their fly rod cases? Any bracket ideas etc?

wood said:
I also have a new Hawk. I have ben wondering if anyone has thought of a way to store their fly rod cases? Any bracket ideas etc?
Welcome and enjoy.
I have had several places that I keep mine.My 4 piece 3/4w is short enough to sit in the right rear corner and my 2 piece 6.6' bamboo can just lay along the window side.BUT I found better places for them.I have a Tundra AC cab that I have stripped the rear seats out of and modified for carrying storage drawers and the "truck fridge 45".So I now keep them inside the cab of the truck.It's easier to get to them and they are out of the way.
I'll post a pic if you would like.
Frank

Thanks Frank. No need to post pictures. I'm sure the dogs would look at me cross-eyed if I messed with their back seat!

Back
Top Bottom