New Nissan Titan V8 Diesel !

K6ON

Old & Soft
Looks like Nissan and Cummins have worked out a deal for a V8 Cummins in the Titan. Looks like the first
1/2 ton with a 300+ hp diesel. Can't wait to see one in action.

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/08/21/nissan-announces-cummins-v8-for-next-generation-titan-pickup/

nissan engine.jpg

Being a Tundra fan, it disappoints me Toyota is behind on this. Hopefully it will motivate them to get going on the HD they shelved years ago. Meanwhile, point goes to Nissan.

Interesting although not much detail in the story regarding how they are handling emissions and what tranny they are using. Powerwise it should be able to pull/haul a decent load for a "heavy half".

I'd really like a diesel in a mid sized SUV that could get mid to upper 20 MPG's. That would complete my diesel fleet.

I hope they can pull it off.

So much talk over the years, but no manufacturer has done, or been able to do it, here in the USA.

The Toyota Hilux Diesel would take over the mid-sized truck market in the US if they would be allowed to sell it here.

The Hilux truck, frame, and suspension is much heavier duty than the Tacoma sold here in the USA.

The 4 cyc. diesel is supposed to get really good gas mileage too.

Toyota dealers would not be able to keep a Hilux diesel on the lot. It might develop into a 6+ month wait for one.

As a Titan owner; hopefully they beef up the drive train substantially. :( I would not by that truck in it's first few years.

Ram is coming out with the Blue-TEC Diesel in a .5t too. It is the same basic engine in the Jeep Cherokee. The Blue-TEC is tried and true.

Kispiox said:
Ram is coming out with the Blue-TEC Diesel in a .5t too. It is the same basic engine in the Jeep Cherokee. The Blue-TEC is tried and true.
But sadly, no manual trans in the Dodge 1500 diesel. Only truck with a manual trans is the 2500 and 3500 dodge.

Kispiox said:
The Grand Cherokee motor is an Italian designed and built diesel :oops: Also, this is a new engine and was only fired up for the first time in the design process a year ago. I like engines a little more "proven" than that.

Back
Top Bottom