New Owner and his setup

remithoren

Advanced Member
After much research and reading this helpful forum I finally was able to obtain my FWC.

My setup may offer others some help.
Hawk fitted onto 2005 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab 4x4.
Tailgate off.
No Outside Jacks.
Cooper M&S Load range E 265 70 17 Tires. 35lbs front 45lbs rear.
Hellwig LP-15 add a leafs torqued almost all the way in.

Truck handles great and now can not only hold the camper but I have enough load range to tow.
A few comments so far are:

There are quality issues with the design of the access hole plates. (Stapled On???? Broke off and I glued them back. Stapleing plastic is not a good idea as it cracks)

Location of Water pump switch results in turning on by accident. (cushion brushed against it.)

After owning many boats theres much that works in the marine 12vt environment that applies here. IE Purchasing stainless screws and hardware from West or others.

Located on central coast, california.
See ya on the road,
Jeff

Attachments

• Tundra&Hawk.jpg
    Tundra&Hawk.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 454
Welcome to the forum Jeff. Very nice set up you have there.

A first gen double cab Tundra may be the replacement for my truck someday, love 'em.

So did you purchase brand new from the factory or nearly-new from an individual? Hope you'll have sometime with what's left of summer to get out and enjoy it. Any big trip plans?

Jeff,

Great set up, more pics are in order. I could not agree with you more, the FWC is pretty good for the RV world but overall the RV world is pretty poor on quality. I have added a lot of marine parts to my camper and they are much nicer.

Nice rig. True about quality, but if they'd done it up like a nice Grady-White, could I have afforded to buy it?

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Truck and camper look great, but all FWC's do. I also agree with you on some of the small issues in the camper. I just fix or remodel to my taste or needs and appreciate what's there. Keep the pic's coming.

After much research and reading this helpful forum I finally was able to obtain my FWC.

Location of Water pump switch results in turning on by accident. (cushion brushed against it.)

Located on central coast, california.
See ya on the road,
Jeff

Congratulations on the new to you? or new Hawk and welcome to the forum.

That waterpump meter pannel can be moved to another location. But you will have to deal with the hole left behind. Or just leave it but wire in a new switch up next to the sink area on the pannel face. Remove the wires from the old swich and extend to the new one.

"Located on central coast, california"

Anywhere near Lompoc or Santa Maria?

Art
Los Padres County Chapter
Wanderthewest.com
;)

Places to go central coast...

Hi Forum,
We are in Cambria. Often go to the San Simeon campground across hwy 1 from beach or to the San Simeon park which has a protected cover for kayaking. Next trip to limekiln on way to big sur. With the 100 degree heat we are staying by the coast.

By the way if anyone is traveling through New Mexico our good friend Wanda owns the Faywood Hot Springs near silver city. Campground with outdoor hot tubs, horse back riding and hiking. Its a beautiful spot at about 5000 feet.

Jeff

I once spent the night at the Gila Hot Springs (not far from Silver City and the Gila Cliff Dwellings, a nice place). I was sitting in the warm water, drinking a cup of coffee, when a storm came up and it started hailing -- Really strange to be sitting there all warm and cosy, sticking my tongue out from under my hat brim to catch some cold stuf!!

Back
Top Bottom