New radio for my camper

carld

When I'm camping I like the radio. I had a CCrane EP AM/FM portable. On the webpage Jays Radio Reviews it was highly rated. I have been struggling with it for months. For one thing it has analog tuning and drifts in and out and the FM was noisy. I found this Sangean WR-22 AM/FM for $141 on Amazon. Jay also rates the new Sangean's highly but they have digital tuning. Its small enough to fit snugly above the refrigerator (4.5" tall) so that when I lower the top it stays put even on the roughest roads. The other nice feature is that it runs directly on 12V (no switching power supplies). It also has the following nice features:

- Digital tuning
- AM/FM/Aux/USB/Bluetooth ( you can pair to smart phone or use memory stick)
- Clock (automatically sets Date and Time when tuned to RDS FM stations)
- Two clock alarm setting snooze and a sleep setting
- 5 AM and 5 FM presets
- Good sound 3" speaker with Vol/Bass/Treble control, Loud setting, Stereo head phone jack, and subwoofer jack.
- Internal AM and FM antennas, with external AM and FM antenna connections ( I have a Tecsun AM antenna for it)
- Large 1"display for frequency, time, month, date, and FM station data. It has 3 dim settings and then from there they adjust according to the ambient light. The color is a dim gray.
- Remote control

I keep it plugged in all the time, rated at 1 amp max. but it only draws about 100 mA on and 10 mA off. I also wanted a build in clock in the camper at this works great automatically keeping accurate time whenever I tune into FM and update to new time zones. It's dim enough at night that its not a distraction but I can read the clock while lying on the bunk.

I fixed a couple of other problems, added dual USB plugs next to the bunk for charging phones and add dividers in the cabinet to prevent stuff from shifting around on rough roads.

Attachments

• USBPlug.jpg
    USBPlug.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 180
  • ShelfDividers.jpg
    ShelfDividers.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 159
  • Radio.jpg
    Radio.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 177

Back
Top Bottom