New to me: 07 Hawk Shell!

ndaciuk

Just scored a used 07 Hawk Shell on the east coast!, Not an easy task.

The camper is in excellent condition, and was always barn kept when not in use.

The previous owner did make some updates during his ownership.

Some of the first modifications I would like to make is
-Adding a propane door, compartment and furnace.
-Adding out side struts

I am just staring to research options on my propane options. Seems like I will need to source an older style horizontal 20# compartment and door (12x12 as opposed to the newer 11x9) for this year Hawk

Any knowledge that can be shared on these additions would be appreciated,

Im sure I will have plenty of other questions in the near future too!

IMG_0985.jpg

I took a more low-tech approach: 1# propane bottles for a stove then a cooktop and a Mr Heater Little Buddy. I only use the heater when I'm up and awake.

Thanks Everyone!

PaulT said:
I suspect it is a conduit carrier. I'm looking to add one in the same location in which to carry fishing rods and ham antenna parts. Many out there that mount to roof racks, like this. http://www.homedepot.com/p/Buyers-Products-Company-8-in-Conduit-Carrier-Kit-CC800/205946356

Would like to find one that mounts to flat surface like ndaciuk's mounts. Would be nice to learn how his is mounted.
Paul
The tube was made by the previous owner as a storage compartment. I have since taken it off because I was not able to move the camper all the way forward with it on the Dodge. I am actually looking to sell it since I cannot use it. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you some more info on it.

I'm with Mark G on the low tech approach. I too use 1# cylinders, larger tanks use up valuable space. You can leave the Lil Buddy at home when you aren't going to be needing it. A furnace takes up space and is more weight. Ron

ndaciuk said:
The tube was made by the previous owner as a storage compartment. I have since taken it off because I was not able to move the camper all the way forward with it on the Dodge. I am actually looking to sell it since I cannot use it. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give you some more info on it.
How is it mounted? It appears to be attached to the jack mounts somehow.

What diameter is the tube?

Are the end caps lockable?

Paul

I'm rebuilding a 79 Grandby and have eliminated the propane compartment, heater and stove. My reasoning was the propane compartment took up too much interior space better for other uses. Same goes with the heater and stove. I'll use a Mr Buddy heater while awake, or an electric heater at full service campgrounds. I'll also use a Coleman stove for cooking. If the use of 1 pound bottles gets out of hand, I plan to mount an 11 pound tank on an outside bracket. I have a flex hose from LP tank to stove or heater, I'll just have to drill an access hose for it.

Back
Top Bottom