New to me Granby

Crickert

Hello fellow FWCs.
I have been looking to buy a Grandby since last September and in my search I found this forum a month or two ago. I bought the one that was in Pacific Beach last week. Every thing worked and is in good shape. It's an '05 with an awning, solar, aux power, outside shower, extend cab, 1.9 fridge, screen door, and a dead bolt. I think that was all the options. There will be pics to come, but I have a quick question.
I still have to buy the female plug end for my pickup to connect the truck to the camper. With this plug disconnected I thought the 12v system would still work, but I found out other wise. The aux battery is at 13.6v and it worked when the guy showed me before I bought it, which leads me back to this plug. I was under the impression that the plug is just for charging the system with your alt. The plug itself has three prongs and only two wires go into the back of the plug; is one of the poles dead?
Any light on the subject (pun intended) would be great.
Chris

Very cool. I think ya got a great deal on that one!

I posted the FWC install instructions in another thread. It gives info on the electrical install/etc...hopefully it will help shed some light for you on the topic.

see ya on the road!

mtn

The plug is indeed just for charging, everything should work without it plugged in. I have a Shell model so I don't know how FWC does the electrical exactly but I thought there was a master on/off switch for the 12v? Or check fuses.

Still searching

mtn-high:
I thanks for that thread, I referenced it for eye bolt locations before I bought it. I re-read the electrical part again. I also found a pdf file on the plug itself on FWC's website. (SAM) I went back and checked the fuses again; checked out OK. Hooked up to 110v all the lights and fridge work. I guess I will start at the battery and trace it backwards.:confused:

mtn-high:
I guess I will start at the battery and trace it backwards.:confused:

Probably your best bet. Probably going to end up being something simple that you feel silly about but that is part of the adventure! :p

Let there be light

Well I think I figured out my issue with the aux system. The wires went form the battery to a charge regulator for the solar panel and nowhere from there. Two wires came in from the panel to the regulator, but there wasn't any wires connecting that curicut into the camper's power grid. To fix this I ran two 10g wires from the batt side of the regulator to the grnd plate and to the hot side of the batt switch. Problem solved and all my lights work without having to be pluged into my truck batterys.:D
I have pics, but haven't figured out how to load them yet:eek:

The connector can be found at most marine supply stores. They are used for electric trolling motors.

Dick

Thanks

Thanks for the advise guys. I had an extra male 7-pin RV plug and since a female plug is already wired in my truck for a fifth wheel I just modified it for the camper.

Back
Top Bottom