New to me Hawk

billharr

I found my Hawk. After watching Hawks that would fit my 2005 Tundra sell before I could get to them I had one fall in my lap. A friend who has a auto shop called to say a customer had his late father in laws truck in for service before being sold. Has a FWC camper in the back and it was going to be for sale. To make a long story short I have a 2002 Hawk with 3 way frig, Heater, 110V set up, Battery and Isolator for $3500. On to of that it is in great condition, stove looks like it has not been used. Next project is changing the bench to a dinette, Have been looking at the one on this web site for ideas.

Bill in Stockton

Attachments

• up left side (Medium).jpg
    up left side (Medium).jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 638
  • inside laura mon and dad (Medium).jpg
    inside laura mon and dad (Medium).jpg
    77 KB · Views: 659
Wow!

Bill,

First trip needs to be to Vegas to play the dollar machines...you can't let luck like that go to waste!

Beautiful rig, congratulations.
'birds

Wow, nice find. Seems almost everyone has a story like yours. Good luck and nice rig.

Let the mods begin!!!

Dave in seattle

Hawk shell on a Dodge ram.....

Isn't it great when folks have something that they wanna sell that they have no clue what it's worth? That was a steal.

Congrads

mtn

$3500 for an '02 Hawk?!? Man, how do you sleep at night? ;)

Congratulations. It looks right at home on that Tundra. You're all set for some summertime fun now.

:thumb:

Don't get greedy

That's a great deal. While others may be advising you to press your luck, I say, enjoy your find and share it with your friends and family. The rewards will be better in the long run. :thumb: After all, someone died and another inherited so that you could get that deal. It may be haunted. :eek:

Just made by first modification. Installed the Fantastic Fan WOW it works great. Got my air bags but received the 2445 kit for a 2WD and need the 2245 for the 4WD will return on Monday.

Bill

Starting on dinette. Bench is out and getting measurement set. I used two kitchen chairs to figure spacing with porta potti in place. Looks like I have more than enough room.

Attachments

• chairs looking down to front.jpg
    chairs looking down to front.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 217
I put the back of the solo seat against the "step" in my ATC. This is a compromise: a little more room for the toilet and a little less for the dinette. Not really enough for either. Maybe I shoulda gone bigger on the camper (i.e. grandby/cougar)?

My suggestion is use your prototye a couple times before committing to the final.

Keep us posted!

Dinette coming together. Got the cushions back today, will order the table tomorrow. Not a lot of room but will work for me and the wife. All cushions will lay flat for a 24" wide bed.All cushions are 24"X19" so I could use the same covers and have them cut down. The rear seat back cushion will slide over the ski poles. I still have to put a pvc pipe inside the rear cushion, will be strapped to the plywood under the foam (will cut the foam to fit). Looked a several different ideas to hold the rear seat back and still may change if this does not hold up. Made the seat boxes and battery box out of 1/2" oak plywood.

Bill

Attachments

• Front seat with cushions (Small).jpg
    Front seat with cushions (Small).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 278
  • looking back with cushions (Small).jpg
    looking back with cushions (Small).jpg
    46 KB · Views: 289
  • rear seat with cushions (Small).jpg
    rear seat with cushions (Small).jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 258
  • Rear set ski poles (Small).jpg