New to me Hawk

Finished. Dinette is in total cost $180.00 for the conversion. Had the table made and had a friend do the cushions. Room for another battery in the box. Not real big but wife is 5'2" and I am 5'7" Seats are 24" wide and 19" long (with of the old bench). Now I just need a free weekend to get out.

Bill

Attachments

• finished side of table (Small).jpg
    finished side of table (Small).jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 420
  • finished table looking front (Small).jpg
    finished table looking front (Small).jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 394
  • finished table low (Small).jpg
    finished table low (Small).jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 381
Looks GREAT! Does the back seat fold?

The seat lifts off, the poles pull out and all the seats lay down to make one 24" wide bed.Same height as the shelf to the window so it will feel wider.

Bill.

The seat lifts off, the poles pull out and all the seats lay down to make one 24" wide bed.Same height as the shelf to the window so it will feel wider.

Bill.

Excellent! Post a couple pics, please. I and others would love to see the details.

Man, each iteration these seats just keep looking better.
I almost wanna do the same thing.

Will have to check one out in person.

Keep the photos coming, y'all!

Dave in Seattle

Excellent! Post a couple pics, please. I and others would love to see the details.

More pictures. I looked at several way to hold the read seat back in place. I like the hinged back but big and heavy. Settled on old ski poles I did think I would need 3 or 4 to have enough support. Unless you are really going to lean on it 2 is fine. Top bracket is heavy aluminum angle with a 3/4" hole. bottom is a electric cord end I had laying around, added a plastic strap to the seat back just to keep the seat back from falling forward. We settled on a 20" wide table with a rounded end, to make it easy to get in and out of the seats. The seat boxes are 23" apart so I put a angle on the window side. The bar is 2" x 1/4" aluminum I had laying around (yes I am a pack rat). Made bracket out of light angle from Home Depot (had to buy it) 1/4" stainless bolt with six flat washers for the space. The bracket is spaced to just clear the pole bracket under the table so the table can not move out and fall off the angle. Have not made any brackets for the cushion that sets over the pottie, figure at this time we will not use the single bed much and it is just your feet on the last cushion. Don't think I would want my head just over the pot ;-)

bed top of pole clamp (Small).jpgbed backet with pole (Small).jpgbed bracket (Small).jpgbed bracket with bar (Small).jpgbed down and ready (Small).jpgbed down low shot (Small).jpgbed no cushions (Small).jpgbed pole bracket not pole (Small).jpgbed seat back with pole (Small).jpgbed showing bar (Small).jpg

Got the air bags and Hellwig sway bar installed today. What a difference truck is level again and the sway bar takes out the tilt on corners.

Bill

Looks great, thanks!

Thanks Scott, I copied you and got the same Rubbermaid step to get in and out. Found at WallyWorld just about the perfect size.

Back
Top Bottom