New to the club!

Gunflint

Hi all!

After selling our long time adventure rig 'Maggie' (a sweet little Toyota TownAce turbo diesel, 4WD drive van) before our daughter was born (no space for a car seat..) we have finally got ourselves back into the adventure rig game!

'The Cabin' is a 2004 Ford F-150 crew cab with a late eighties/early nineties FWC Ranger II!

Not totally sure what year the camper is, but am trying to sort that out. The info on the back of the camper is worn off but it sounds like I might be able to track down a serial number somewhere up near the cab over.

Aside from being 30 years old with a bit of normal wear and tear the camper seems to be in great shape and very well taken care of. So far, we love it. Definitely some maintenance and upkeep I'd like to jump into soon-ish but for now just plan to get it out!

I have been casing the forums trying to learn as much as I can and will likely have some questions in the near future, but want to be sure I dig around the forum a bit first.

Pretty excited!

58404820541__42630F6C-FCFB-4906-A9BF-C4EA0F81465F.JPG

Hi gun flint. I too are getting into the camper scene and look forward to learning about your camper

Gunflint said:
Hi all!

After selling our long time adventure rig 'Maggie' (a sweet little Toyota TownAce turbo diesel, 4WD drive van) before our daughter was born (no space for a car seat..) we have finally got ourselves back into the adventure rig game!

'The Cabin' is a 2004 Ford F-150 crew cab with a late eighties/early nineties FWC Ranger II!

Not totally sure what year the camper is, but am trying to sort that out. The info on the back of the camper is worn off but it sounds like I might be able to track down a serial number somewhere up near the cab over.

Aside from being 30 years old with a bit of normal wear and tear the camper seems to be in great shape and very well taken care of. So far, we love it. Definitely some maintenance and upkeep I'd like to jump into soon-ish but for now just plan to get it out!

I have been casing the forums trying to learn as much as I can and will likely have some questions in the near future, but want to be sure I dig around the forum a bit first.

Pretty excited!

attachicon.gif
58404820541__42630F6C-FCFB-4906-A9BF-C4EA0F81465F.JPG
Welcome to the club!! I had a 2005 Hawk and found the serial # hand written on the drivers side front of the cabover, close to the curve. Awesome to hear about people taking their kids out to experience the wonders of the world. Good on you!!

Yes- Find the serial # & call FWC and they should be able to give you the YB,Weight,Etc - maybe send you a new sticker??

Welcome to Wander the West. We also started with a 1994 FWC Ranger II. You can find information about that camper here -

Our First Camper

They are many members here who will be happy to help with your questions.

Thanks everybody! Looking forward to the wandering. And yea our daughter Willa is really into it so far....posted another pic for y'all!

Once I find a serial number, anyone have any idea how I can pin down the year? Call FWC?

ski3pin- Cool build. Seems like you have a good handle on how these Ranger II are put together. I might have to bounce a few things off you here and there. And sweet ATC! Being around for the build must have been really cool!

Attachments

• IMG_3822.jpg
    IMG_3822.jpg
    140.6 KB · Views: 114

Back
Top Bottom