New to WTW - Can I see a Member's FWC?

Sunset

Hello, after dreaming for more years than I am willing to admit to, we have decided to purchase a Four Wheel Camper. We have seen them in the show room, but never mounted on a truck. At our age, I want to be sure that we could get in and out of the camper with ease. Is it OK to ask if there is anyone that lives near the Seattle / Tacoma area, that might be willing to let us see their camper while it is on the truck ? Thanks :)

Welcome to the group. I can't help you with the local visit, but I am sure someone will chime in. It is that kind of group. Enjoy the decision process and waiting. We can all relate.

Welcome, Sunset.

When you try it, exit the camper while facing the front of the truck & back out of the camper. Much easier.

Paul

I will be loading my Eagle onto my Toyota Tacoma next week. I'm taking it over Highway 20 on the eleventh. You could come see it up in Bellingham before then or see it somewhere on my route.

My Granby is located in Vancouver BC just to the North of you. Feel free to come up for a road trip and have a look. PM me if you want to do that

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

WELCOME my wife and I are old (in the body) too. ;) Our Hawk was purchased after having a 5th wheel we never used. I still tent camp but wife does not like to unless real reason for not taking the FWC. It was a great move for the two of us. We are heading to the Dakota's for a 3 week trip... guess we will know for sure after that ;)

One thing that REALLY helped us was the purchase of Glowsteps folding steps. Makes entrance and exit easy and safer I feel. I too exit facing the front of the setup. Hope you can see someone's setup you will be pleased.

campersmall.jpg

Welcome. My wife and I really have no complaints about entering or exiting our Grandby. We started with a 2-step hitch mount and switched after a season and a half to a rubbermaid fold 2-step. We both like the rubbermaid better and it is approximately 1/5 the weight of the steel hitch mount. jd

You may also want to consider, in addition to entering the camper, accessing the bed. I use a three step folding stair for getting in the camper, pull those in and use them for accessing the bed, too. Not a problem for me at about 40-ish, but it takes my 65 year young dad just a skosh more time and a little more careful-ness. Just saying that you need to get into bed after getting into the camper, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Incidentally, I also enter and exit facing the camper, always using three point contact. What can I say...I'm a safety professional.

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

[sharedmedia=core:attachments:23223]
I am in Woodinville-Monroe area. I have a Hawk loaded on a new F150. You are welcome to come see it. I am departing Friday or more likely Saturday to Arizona then Florida in it returning Mid-May so you will want to jump over here quickly if you can.

I'm up in Everett off I-5. I need to get the Eagle on the truck here soon, so no problem to show you it loaded up. Entrance and exit was our concern, but have found no problems. We use the back out method. Would be glad to show you. Contact me at mikedunnphoto@yahoo.com.

Back
Top Bottom