new trip

clikrf8

I know I should enjoy the here and now and savor our just completed adventure but now that we have a new truck/camper combo, I am itching to be on the road again. Do any of you do that? Here it is the second week in November and I want to open the door to the great outdoors and venture forth again.

I think we will make a couple of local forays this winter (Baker Lake for one, maybe a few places on the road to Mt Baker and explore the San Juan islands) and plan our next long trip for this March/April into Arizona (Monument Valley/Canyon de Chelly/north Rim Grand Canyon (if open)/Painted Desert/Vermillion Cliffs/Coyote Bluffs/Alstrom Point, etc.).

I love to plan a trip almost as much as the actual trip. And, I don't plan too much as that takes all the fun out of the spontaneous moments. Just general places; the specifics usually come at the last moment, like snagging the last spot at Dead Horse State Park in Utah as Arches was full. Or asking at the BLM headquarters in Alturas, CA and being directed to our own little private paradise in Fall color with twin waterfalls.

How do you plan your trips? And, can you add any must see places to my AZ list for this early spring?

March/April trip? Join us in Baja 1st week of APRIL 2013 for a whale trip:

Sounds like fun. My at the time 14 yo daughter and I went on a Green Tortoise 2 week trip to Baja about 10 years ago. Down 1 side and up the other. I would love to return but hubby not interested. Watches too much news. Do bring back a trip report.

Sounds like fun. My at the time 14 yo daughter and I went on a Green Tortoise 2 week trip to Baja about 10 years ago. Down 1 side and up the other. I would love to return but hubby not interested. Watches too much news. Do bring back a trip report.

Our trip with 4 vehicles was safe and fun. Entry through Mexicali and down to Gonzaga is easy and you will be missing the trip of a lifetitme. All of us had reservations about going but not any more.

Back
Top Bottom