New version of Adobe Lightroom

MarkBC

The Weatherman
Site Team
Not camping-related, but a lot of people here are more-or-less into photography....
If your digital camera produces any kind of "RAW" photo file and if you're even a semi-serious-amateur, this is a great product. (if you're a photo-pro you already know about it
cool.gif
)

Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 Now Available

What's most-amazing is that the new version, Lightroom 4.0 is about half the cost of Lightroom 3.
blink.gif
And for people like me who already have 3.x, an upgrade is quite reasonably-priced, too. I'm going to upgrade for sure.

Lightroom 4 Review: Digital Photography Review

Cool! I've been with LR since LR2 and currently use LR3. It really helped me organize my photos other than by naming folders on my HD. The ability to export directly to Smugmug or Facebook (actually FB stopped working for me) has been very helpful. Smugmug is now rolling out a new feature where keywording is sync'd both ways now.

I'll give LR4 a try sometime soon. Thanks for the info Mark.

I’ve been using LR since version 2 also and now LR 3. I will be upgrading to LR 4 soon. I saw some of the new version while at “Shooting The West” photography symposium in Winnemucca, Nevada this past week. I attended a 2 day LR workshop with David Marx and demoed it, pretty neat the new version 4.

You can go to FredMiranda.com and read up on some post in the digital editing forum. I did see a picture that you can get more dynamic range and more noise luminance reduction out of it.

Key wording is the best part and being able to search and find images fast. There are 2 new tabs, MAP and PAGES, I think you will get something out of them.

A friend of mine upgraded to LR4 a few days ago, and likes it.
It permits some local adjustments that previously had to be done in Photoshop...and other features, as mentioned.

I went for it right away and am really liking the increased controls over local adjustments. I am having some problems with it slowing down my system significantly and as I cruised some forums today, it seems like this is pretty common. If you are not a complete LR junkie like I am, you might want to wait a bit as Adobe seems to be pretty responsive to feedback and should correct any issues. I probably just need to go through some of the install suggestions with my IT man :cautious: and hopefully that will help, maybe soup up the old box with more RAM also.

Posted a pic in the Painted Hills/John Day Fossil Beds gallery for an example of my use of localized adjustments especially nice is applying varying color temp to specific areas of an image. And here it is ---
gallery_2596_79_637059.jpg

I went for it right away and am really liking the increased controls over local adjustments . . . applying varying color temp to specific areas of an image.

Cool! :D or . . .
Warm! :D :D

Back
Top Bottom