Newbie!

myout

Hello! I just bought the nco from brownbear who had the awful experience loading onto his dually(see his story further down the posts). His bad experience made mine awesome! Plenty of jacks and with his extensions we had no trouble loading onto my 77 F250 highboy. Took longer to break down and store all the jacks in the camper than it did to load it... :) Now for the questions! In brownbears post he thought it was a 78...but the plate on the back has 73 in the upper left corner..should I just call company to find out or is the 73 correct? My truck already had airbags installed when I bought it but I don't know how much to fill them....enough to level truck? To a certain psi? The truck only sits down a little in back. Found the water tank...what should I do to test it out and see if hand pump works? Thanks in advance for answers and just gotta say...these Alaskans are awesome! I can barely tell its on there and we live on hairpin windy roads.

Congrats.....I think It's Kim, right

I use 80# in my bags...check the age on the bags....if they're older you may want to replace the rubber bag section....test the pressure at about 40-64 and take a look at the rubber....check for surface cracking...then pump em up. When I first installed mine I used 65 pounds....it still swayed a bit...put them up to 80 and stabilized everything nicely....

Does it make a difference 73 or 78??

What kind of jacks are they....I've got Atwood/Reico's and I just remove one bolt and rotate them up to the loops for transport...look closely at the sides of mine in the photo...they tuck in nicely

Check everything out....dump the tank and put new water in...I chlorinate mine annually just to keep things clean...and pump the chlorinated water into the lines as well, let set 24 hours and dump again

Have fun....welcome to the club

Hi Myout,Welcome to Wander the West and the Alaskan Forum.Congratulations on getting Brown Bears Alaskan.
On my 72 Alaskan NCO the model number is the date of manufacture - 10 3 72.The model and serial number plate is under the electrical receptacle on the drivers side. Cheers, Kevin. :)

Attachments

• DSCF2783.JPG
    DSCF2783.JPG
    406.9 KB · Views: 110
Thanks for info on serial number....I was planning on calling company and see if there was a manual for it. Its in great shape for its age!
As for the jacks...I think brownbear said they were reico titans?? I will look more closely but we are in middle of moving to town so camper is on back burner until after the move.

Back
Top Bottom