newbies introducing ourselfs

lqhikers

after following site for awhile we thought we would add our two cents worth,and am sure we will learn a lot in return! if things work out (if i can figure out how to attach pictures )we will in time share some of our trips and equipment with all of our fellow 4x4 pop-up explorers "its the journey"

Attachments

• DSCF0251.JPG
    DSCF0251.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 412
  • DSCF0244.JPG
    DSCF0244.JPG
    20.8 KB · Views: 399
  • DSCF0186.JPG
    DSCF0186.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 411
  • DSCF0327.JPG
    DSCF0327.JPG
    28.4 KB · Views: 391
  • DSCF0370.JPG
    DSCF0370.JPG
    20.7 KB · Views: 407
Welcome

Welcome, looking foward to seeing your Adventure photos. Might check out the photo section of this site for down load tips...

He's got it down now!

Welcome to the site and very nice looking set up. I'm a huge fan of FWC's on Toyotas.

So what's the sat dish for? If you have a way to mount jerry cans on the back of your camper, be prepared for lots of, how'd you do it?, questions.

Again, welcome and I look forward to seeing and reading more about your set-up and travels.

Cheers! -

loading picture was real simple i just called my wife and she figured it out!
inregards to gas racks i've got the 4x4 set up with our six-pack camper as we are getting ready to spend 2 months or so in idaho fishing exploring ,kayaking,duelsport riding ,relaxing in all the great hot springs,and thats why the sat dish is mounted,gotta keep occupied! included are a couple of pics of rig set up for trip. rear carrier is mounted to receiver hitch,this lets me change holders depending on what i want to carry.i have a different set up on pop-up dont have any close up pics of those racks but next time i change back to pop-up i'll post some.always remember "Its the journey"

Attachments

• DSCF0382.JPG
    DSCF0382.JPG
    38.2 KB · Views: 382
  • DSCF0385.JPG
    DSCF0385.JPG
    39.1 KB · Views: 409
reply to chnlisle. baja pic is just one of our remote beaches and i don"t remember the name but it is about 50 miles north of loreto and 12 or so miles of 4x4 track to spot and is the fishing and diving great!

Hi lqhikers,

Welcome to the site. Looking foward to stories of trips so that we can live through others adventures and inspire us to get out there! Can't wait to retire.................

lqhikers...nice set up...i really like to camper on the toyota as well. i would love to see more pictures of the FWC eagle (?), interior/exterior and some close up of that rack. i am at that point now where i am trying to figure out a system to hold a bunch of extra gear on the back of the truck/camper but don't want to drill a rack directly into the camper...the hitch method seems like a good alternative. anyway, just wanted to say sweet pics, nice rig and post some more:) ! cheers!

lqhikers, would you guys mind detailing your storm window, awning, roof rack combo? looks sweet, looking for something similar. and your rear storage! thanks again for posting!

OutbacKamper posted this back a bit, erod your looking for the window popout frame?

My 2004 Hawk had the exterior flaps. They were a pain to use, always having to go outside and use a ladder to open or close, but they did a good job of keeping out the rain. However if you leave the outside flap open so that you can get some ventilation in the camper (as we almost always did) then the windows did leak slightly if it rained.
Although I never got around to doing this, there is a great mod you can add if you have the exterior flaps. It allows ventilation, shade and provides protection from the rain:
window_awning13r.jpg

If you are not familiar with this website, it is well worth a look:
http://www.dodgeram.org/ki4cy/camper/Ram_camper.htm

Cheers
Mark

Back
Top Bottom