No accommodations for pop-ups in RV parks?

Even before the Phoenix I carried a tent with me and set it up on base-camp type trips. All of the stuff that didn't need to go out on the day trips stayed in the tent & I slept in the truck bed inside the shell.

Thanks again everyone for all the help and great ideas! We'll be setting up our auxiliary tent thingy if we find ourselves in that situation at an RV park. But yes, boondocking is the goal, whenever and wherever possible.

FWIW: Here's one more data point, another variation on the question of where a pop-up camper falls between "tent" and "RV".

I'm considering visiting Organ Pipe Cactus Nat Mon.
Alamo Canyon c.g. is the cool place to camp, and it's where I stayed 15 or 20 years ago in the tent-and-pickup pre-camper days. No motorhomes or trailers are allowed at Alamo. But would I be allowed to stay in this tenter's c.g. in my FWC camper?
So I contacted the Park, and they said that my pickup camper is totally fine at Alamo.
smile.gif

From my experience in the mountain west, most RV parks will let me use a tent site with no hookups rather than pay for full hookups that I dont need or want. I did have one RV park in Nevada,in Elko I think, tell me that truck campers were not allowed in their park. I told the manager that I would post on the internet that their park might be a good one to avoid by RV folks, since they dont allow truck campers. This is a problem I have heard of other truck campers having also.

@MarkBC, speaking of that, we just got back from a 3-nighter in the Grandby at Alamo Campground in Organ Pipe. A great spot, for $8 a night (paid in advance at the ranger station) you also get the bonus of a very clean restroom and trash bins, and a whole lotta solitude in mostly pristine Sonoran Desert country. Not to be missed, yall...

Back
Top Bottom