North Umpqua River

Occidental

Trail Master
We took a quick weekend trip to the North Umpqua River. I've been there before but haven't spent too much time exploring up until now. We ended up focusing on the many waterfalls along the river corridor, mostly accessed by short hikes. There is a lot more to see and I look forward to getting back there. Here is the link to the report and some pictures.

http://www.occidentalist.org/waterfalls-of-the-umpqua-2018/

Thanks. Brought back some memories of fishing & camping with my Dad.. One of my favorite places.

A request, can you post a web link to the web brochure you stumbled across? Thanks.

Wow! Looks like a great weekend getaway! Another spot to keep in mind for the next PNW trip.

Occidental, we always enjoy your trip photos and stories. There are so many great spots to explore and discover new things, such as the waterfalls. Thanks for taking us along! :)

Thanks for the very enjoyable ride-along.
We have been through that area several times and seen many of the falls.
Always great to see them again.
Only fished the river once.Did a lot of "fishing" and no "catching".
Oh well had a great time.Your report brought back all those memories.
Thank you for taking the time to give us all a report.
Frank

138 is our favorite Central Cascades Road particularly because of the waterfalls but also beautiful in the spring due to blooming dogwoods and the blazing fall color. Our favorite waterfall is Grotto Falls but we also like Susan Creek Falls, Falls Creek Falls, Wolf Creek Falls, Whitehorse Falls, Hemlock Falls, Tokatee Falls, so many more we have hiked to. Nice ones up east of Cottage Grove, too. It is our road of choice from eastern Oregon to the coast. Thanks for sharing.

We heard from a ranger that Lake of the Woods campground had to be shut down due to vandalism of the iron ranger. Really, how much money did those idiots think was in there? We stayed at Cool Water campground this past September. No one there and it was super dark and quiet.

clikrf8 said:
We heard from a ranger that Lake of the Woods campground had to be shut down due to vandalism of the iron ranger. Really, how much money did those idiots think was in there?
We had this discussion with the USFS a couple of weeks ago about our local forest. People break into fee tubes all the time. Sad.

ski3pin said:
We had this discussion with the USFS a couple of weeks ago about our local forest. People break into fee tubes all the time. Sad.
Yes, I cannot inderstand. These people used a winch and cable. They broke it but didnt get any money. At the dame campground, a camper had their generator stolen. I still brlieve we are safer on BLM/USFS and other public lands than in cities.

The North Umpqua is a beautiful area. It is very special.

Back
Top Bottom