Northwest Nevada - May 2022

Great story/trip.
Your "Holy Toad" religion theory sounds about right.
Sure has a very "human" connection.
That's how it works out for the human species.
Great scenery and the Tufa and volcano pictures great.

Thanks Monte for the ride along.
Frank

Thanks for the tour of NW Nevada. We love Nevada and western Utah. I like your style of getting the impulse to go and then just going. There will never be enough time to see all that beautiful remote country.

May the Toad be with you!

What a fantastic impromptu trip! I will never look at a Horny Toad the same. Thanks!

Casa Escarlata Robles Too said:
Great story/trip.
Your "Holy Toad" religion theory sounds about right.
Sure has a very "human" connection.
That's how it works out for the human species.
Great scenery and the Tufa and volcano pictures great.

Thanks Monte for the ride along.
Frank
Frank, you are welcome. We are glad you continue to enjoy the stories about our adventures. :)

AWG_Pics said:
Thanks for the tour of NW Nevada. We love Nevada and western Utah. I like your style of getting the impulse to go and then just going. There will never be enough time to see all that beautiful remote country.

May the Toad be with you!
We love Nevada and the Great Basin. Just head down a road or trail and who knows what you'll find. There's history, incredible landscapes, and other treasures to lure you around the next bend. Thanks for the nice comment. :)

Thanks for sharing another chapter in your travels. There's so much history from the last 170 years still laying around to be appreciated, especially in Nevada. I also appreciated the geology observations. Keep them coming!

Dang - another corner of Nevada to explore! Thanks for the great trip report and the Holy Toad story is wonderful!

Taku said:
Dang - another corner of Nevada to explore! Thanks for the great trip report and the Holy Toad story is wonderful!
We're coming up with a plan for retirement income leading pilgrimages to the Holy Land where it all began.

searching for nowhere said:
Thanks. Maybe my next trip to Nevada I'll explore the NW. It is on the todo list.
It's a wonderful remote area. We've only started to scratch the surface. Our friend The Sagebrush Reconnoiterer, since he saw we were out that way, has been sending us information on new spots to find. Our "to do" list is growing too. :)

Mighty Dodge Ram said:
Great report, thank you! Hitting the Emigrant Trails is on my short list when we get back out there.
Thanks MDR! Exploring the old trails is a very rewarding endeavor.

thanks for another great trip guys, B-17's, good stories, horny toads, hot springs and the Rock Black ---can't go wrong. Yep you even wandered a foot or two into my neck of the woods (ops-I mean high desert :D)! Again enjoyed it.

Smoke

Here's hoping you'll put the "Stolpa Rescue Site" on your to-do list.

Thanks for another fine TR!

Foy

Smokecreek1 said:
thanks for another great trip guys, B-17's, good stories, horny toads, hot springs and the Rock Black ---can't go wrong. Yep you even wandered a foot or two into my neck of the woods (ops-I mean high desert :D)! Again enjoyed it.

Smoke
Smoke, thanks for the nice comment! If it wasn't for the construction on 447, we may have gone smack dab into your namesake territory. :)

After a bit more research on a couple of things I want to find, we'll be back. :)

Foy said:
Here's hoping you'll put the "Stolpa Rescue Site" on your to-do list.

Thanks for another fine TR!

Foy
Foy, several years back Julie and I drove across 8A and never gave the Stolpas a thought. Perhaps, someday, I should tell the story of a somewhat - much more funny - similar incident were involved in here during a major Sierra storm. Darwin sure has a lot of near misses.
Yes, we know all the words to the "Gilligan's Island" theme song. We sang it a lot at times.

Back
Top Bottom