Not a leak

craig333

Riley's Human
After the last storm I checked the vinyl for leaks. Nice and dry. I didn't notice the water on the floor. Today I opened up the camper and the tp is soaking wet and water is underneath the carpet. Easy enough to find the source. I've had a 2.5 gallon water jug sliding around in the camper. Somewhere around a gallon or so managed to find a way out and onto the floor :( Trying to get it dried out before the next storm comes in.

Now I have a new project. Figure out a way to make sure my drinking water stays put. Something I should have done a long time ago. Live and learn.

We have two, 2.5-gallon Scepters that carry our drinking water. They fit nicely side-by-side in the porta-potty spot in our side-dinnette. I added a tie-down point to the outside wall of the adjacent cabinet and secure them through the handles with a strap. So far so good.

Tie-down 3 (660px).jpg

I have made several bungee cords for securing items for travel, you can purchase online or West Marine stocks it. Suggest to use at least 1/4" bungee cord. The nice thing is you can modify very easy for your applications.

Attachments

• 20210219_071835.jpg
    20210219_071835.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 78
  • 20210219_071858 (1).jpg
    20210219_071858 (1).jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 79
fish more said:
I have made several bungee cords for securing items for travel, you can purchase online or West Marine stocks it. Suggest to use at least 1/4" bungee cord. The nice thing is you can modify very easy for your applications.
I am not a bungee cord fan. They are a known to cause a high number of eye/face injuries. i personally know of a fellow around here who almost lost eyesight. Soooo, i stick with cam straps - if you screw up attaching, its not coming back at you. go

Back
Top Bottom